September 20, 2019, 07:11:47 am

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2019, 07:11:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

DH Venom

Started by IB, February 25, 2006, 20:20:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

crbr00010

Great article, please advise if plugs you made for venom are stil available, if so could you pleas quote me on a set of all mouldings, also do you know if the faults found have been addressed by manufacturer.

Kindest regards

Cliff

The Saint. (Owen)

It was a Mick Reeves kit.  :)

Venom
Electrickery is the work of the devil.
Proper aeroplanes are powered by engines.

IB

Cliff

PM sent

Ian B
A womans mind is cleaner than a mans.
She changes it more often.

The Saint. (Owen)

I hope I haven't jumped the gun Ian.  :-\ :embarassed:
Electrickery is the work of the devil.
Proper aeroplanes are powered by engines.

IB

Owen

Not at all, I had a PM from Cliff earlier today regarding the MR Venom just querying what the current issues were if I knew. Superb flying model but if approached without foreknowledge, a little exasperating at at times.

Ian B

Winchweight

Ian, has MR corrected the issues you raised such as the boom attachment angles etc?
A400M GRIZZLY!.... er nope.  A400M ATLAS! .... er nope. A400M FATLASS! ....er nope. A400M AT LAST!

IB

So I believe, a friend has just completed one and he reported the angles were correct. It flies on a Wren 54, more than adequate.

Ian B

Winchweight

Thanks Ian. This is a great thread and I think I may have to have a Venom.
A400M GRIZZLY!.... er nope.  A400M ATLAS! .... er nope. A400M FATLASS! ....er nope. A400M AT LAST!

fireblade

Hi Ian ,are you doing the moulds mentioned in your article re VENOM if so can you supply and at what cost ,I have allready got my kit about to start the build, the retracts you used Al's AIRPOWER he's no longer listing them on his site ,is there an alternative, ie:- being able to reverse the unit as per yours to fit???

Regards Tony B

IB

Hi Tony

PM sent

Ian B

jetflyer

Hi Ian I am also building a Venom as Tony I need some fuel tanks, are they available from you and at what cost.

Cheers

Paul

IB

fireblade

Hi Ian , thanks for reply can I ask what your finished weight of your venom and as to the pro linkx retracts do you know the type your mate is installing as two possibles, one showing up to 8kg and the others at up to 20kg, have you got any photos of your revised linkage of your front doors as you state you have fitted balljoints

Regards Tony B

IB

The Venom finished up at 22-23lb dry though I removed some noseweight which I thought was around eight ounces.

Not sure which of the two sizes he's fitting but I would go for the larger size to err on the side of caution.

No photos to hand but the ball joints are attached to the strut ( drilled and tapped ) and the other end fitted onto the door into an elongated slot to allow for the noseleg steering and retained with small collets.

Ian B

jetflyer

Hi Ian

PM sent

Regards

Paul

fireblade

Hi Ian Sorry have lost your pm I need the price again and an address os as to send you payment

Regards Tony B

jetflyer

Hi Ian

Have PMd you but got no reply, whats your address to send payment to

Regards

Paul

alex4769

Dear ALL MICK VENOM BUILDER .

Can someone advise me where is the location for the fuel tank ??/

please assist

ALEX

Glad I read this thread.  Awesome job but as I am considering a Vampire or Venom I shall knock this one off the list with its many faults.  Why on earth would anyone buy the ready cut wood only to accept that it needed binning 'cause it was wrong and then make their own.  No other business would survive with this attitude.

Tony Nijhuis is favorite at the moment.
Pete
Beer is proof there is a god who loves us and wants us to be happy.

jetster

I realise this thread is older than Moses but nevertheless it is an interesting read and a top notch builder in action. I have a question I am hoping someone can answer please. What scale is the MR Venom?

jetster

Just found it it is 6th Scale as I worked out,

SeaVixen

Hello Ian,

I realise that this is an old thread and you are probably sick of requests for tanks etc. I have just bought a Mick Reeves Venom here in Australia. It is of unknown vintage so I will treat it as one of the early ones. My questions are;

Do you still have the rib profiles somewhere? There is a local kit cutter from whom I can get new ribs cut.

Are your custom tanks still available? They look like the easiest and best way to go.

Is your Venom still flying?

Thanks for your time Ian

Col