RSS Facebook

RCMF

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 20:57:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Saito 30 Gold Special 50th Anniversary Edition - now available  (Read 847 times)

Offline SWM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 10
  • Liked: 10
  • I'm still a newbie even though I edited my profile
Saito 30 Gold Special 50th Anniversary Edition - now available
« on: January 16, 2010, 13:03:43 PM »
Saito Gold Editions 30 Limited 50th Anniversary Engine -

Hi All

Saito have manufactured a very special Saito 30 to celebrate 50 years in business.

The Saito 30 Gold is a limited edition. Saito have come a long way from the 1st open rocker 30's that bewildered me in my early 20's! I thought they were amazing, but couldnt afford one at the time. Recently I missed out on a second hand runner that was £10! When that happens I have to cheer myself up don't I?

Read on...

This engine didn’t just ‘arrive’ with me, it was ‘placed’ into my hands by a very keen sales assistant at Steve Webb Models.

There was no need for communication  – I’d purchased the engine the moment my eyes saw the contents within the unassuming white box.  I didnt need it 'selling to me!

The White Box

The only clue as to what the white box’s contents were is the Saito 50th anniversary sticker on the box.

So what do you get?

In the box there are some accessories – a Perspex display engine mount, the exhaust (also gold)

And of course…

The RRP of this engine is £204.99, something tells me that one day it will be worth more than this and depending on how many are manufactured – that day could be someday soon.

The price with a little discount was about £185.00, there’s only a couple available at SWM at the moment – not sure if there will be any more? Only in the model trade do you get 'rare' goodies discounted. It doesnt work that way for Star Wars Lego I can assure you!

It’s not on the SWM or Servo Shop web site yet, but the web master is working on that today. By posting this on the forums - the membership are getting a look at this before it goes live on servoshop web site– call 01928 735225 and get in quick.

To be honest I have no idea if these Gold 30's will sell the moment someone knows about them or if a collector will amble along in a few days time. One thing I am sure of is that they will sell and some folks will wish they got one while there was stock about!

It would be a shame to run it  ;) - and mine has found a home, although I’m negotiating if it can stay in it's new home.

Mine is on the Mantle Piece, where else?

Steve
 :)
I love all things Radio Control, so much it hurts.

Offline SWM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 10
  • Liked: 10
  • I'm still a newbie even though I edited my profile
Re: Saito 30 Gold Special 50th Anniversary Edition - now available
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 13:41:24 PM »
Servo Shop

Now listed

on Steve Webb Models and servoshop.co.uk

SWM
I love all things Radio Control, so much it hurts.

RCMF Team

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 20:57:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2012
Page created in 0.246 seconds with 34 queries.