0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Check your fuselage side pieces, ii thought i had glued them ok, but when i took the masking tape off they nearly came a part, there are huge gaps between the parts. I had to fill them with Aliphatic glue.I hope this is not a bad sign, so many problems with my kit so far with fuselage and its nowhere near together yet and I still have the wings to look at.
..... I added just shy of 3LBS .....
I have to say I agree with you on this.I have just released the fuselage side pieces and notice there is some "slop" in the join. I have found that using the front from one sheet of ply and the rear from the other I have got a slightly better join. Not glued yet as I am now considering my course of action.Question for Steve here. Would a doubler over the join cause any issues. Obviously would need to be in two pieces to miss the crutch. Or will there be enough strength without.The gap I have measured with feller gauges is .38.See the attached pictures.
Hi Gaui,No such thing as a stupid question, I put the lead on a plate over the engine stand-off's. I knew the airframe was going to build tail heavy and was in now way supprised or upset about the amount i used.As i used a DLE-55 and it is a quite light engine with the std silencer (weights nothing) in fact i looked up the weightsDLE-55...............2.888lbsG62 Zenoah.......5.125lbsWeight diff of 2.237lbs from the engine Steve used when he first built the farmhand i think You can see why I'm not bothered by adding the difference in lead
Well, i have decided to just get on with mine even with all the faults (easily rectified), all additional balsa, servos etc have been ordered or received. All I need do now is decide on the colour scheme, as I would like it to be a bit different to other pics that have been posted.