February 21, 2020, 13:03:21 pm

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

February 21, 2020, 13:03:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

End of the Tax Disk...

Started by PDR, August 27, 2014, 23:32:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Saint. (Owen)

You never did actually have 14 days grace, that was in place if it was 'in the post'.  ???
Electrickery is the work of the devil.
Proper aeroplanes are powered by engines.

Andy J

Quote from: bobt on October 02, 2014, 10:43:41 am
Its a bit unfair, then. What happened to the 14 days grace you used to get with renewals? Having your car seized because the website is unavailable is a bit off.

I don't think there was ever an official 14 days grace, it was more that they didn't generally bother to pursue it.  I suppose the return argument would be that there was plenty of opportunity to renew prior to the 1st of October and of course you can still use the Post Office.
When you're chewing on lifes grissle don't grumble give a whistle and this'll make things turn out f

itsme

It was printed on the back of the disc years ago, 'you have 14 days from the first of the month to renew your tax, but it MUST be renewed, not placed off road' or something of that ilk. ie if you were stopped in those 14 days and did not then renew, you were done for it. We used to know all the tricks in the old days..... :ev

PDR

Its a bit unfair, then. What happened to the 14 days grace you used to get with renewals? Having your car seized because the website is unavailable is a bit off.

The website is never unavailable for a whole month.

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

PDR

Quote from: bobt on October 02, 2014, 11:27:13 am
We used to know all the tricks in the old days..... :ev

Amazon, STartbucks and BobT - tax evaders of the world unite!

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

itsme

Quote from: PDR on October 02, 2014, 11:38:35 am
Amazon, STartbucks and BobT - tax evaders of the world unite!

PDR
shhh.....

Michael_Rolls

Don't drive it unless you know it is taxed - it's the way of the world (or at least Britain)
Mike
Properly trained, a man can be a dog's best friend

Loopdreams

So everyone is dodgy people driving untaxed cars around unless it's their own when it should be allowed "for a bit"?  I'm just going to set up the direct debit thing and have done with it.  Then I just need to remember to get it MOT'd.

pheasant_plucker

The dd is probably why it was swamped on the 1st day. Lots of people will be pleased to be able to spread the cost and it's now a 5% rather than 10% charge.

Gerry
Senior Administrator

The man serving me in the canteen said "Look, You can see the face of Jesus in the Margarine" The Asian guy next to me replied "I can't believe it's not Budda"

itsme

PDR

Quote from: bobt on October 02, 2014, 13:39:39 pm
Yes, thats long overdue.

Like your car tax usually was, Bob...

:ev

PDR

The Saint. (Owen)

I received a letter from the DVLA telling me that I will no longer be sent any more tax discs for my mobility scooter, but not to worry as it will still be taxed.  :co
Electrickery is the work of the devil.
Proper aeroplanes are powered by engines.

itsme

Ha ha Pete.you don't miss a trick! Got all my tax discs still in the holder from when I bought the van, 2005.

jetster

Quote from: bobt on October 02, 2014, 13:57:39 pm
Ha ha Pete.you don't miss a trick! Got all my tax discs still in the holder from when I bought the van, 2005.

Compulsive bully i'm afraid.

itsme

Quote from: jetster on October 02, 2014, 14:16:32 pm
I'm not bothered. And hes right, in my youth I would do anything and everything to wind up the establishment...I suppose we all have to grow up. Pity!

SteveBB

Well, I got me car. Dealer trotted off to the PO with the tear off strip and taxed it for me (I went for a coffee), came back and then eventually (don't ask) managed to get my insurance transferred to the new car so I could legally drive it home.
Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert!
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

itsme

When we bought the missus car the dealer gave us a free 24 hour insurance to give us time to transfer. It was a nice touch.

PDR

Quote from: jetster on October 02, 2014, 14:16:32 pm

The smilies clearly showed the bantering intent (and Bob stated a few posts further up that he intentionally witheld his tax), so may I strongly recommend you use your head as a suppository, and in all other respects I invite you to respond to the offer made to the plaintiff in the matter of Arkel vs Presdram, old chap.

[no smilie supplied]

PDR

itsme

Cactus

BAD BOY PETER!

how dare you continue with running jokes with other forum members

I know you believe you understand what you think i said, but i am not sure you realise that what you think you heard is not what i meant.

itsme

His asbo must be coming to an end.

SteveBB

Quote from: Cactus on October 02, 2014, 16:01:47 pm
BAD BOY PETER!

how dare you continue with running jokes with other forum members

He lives in Surrey and has no shame. Next week he'll be revealing he's really an F1A exponent. There's no end to his depravity.

PDR

Now that's just plain nasty. Retract it at once or my butler will give you a sound horsewhipping.

PDR

SteveBB

Quote from: PDR on October 02, 2014, 22:04:55 pm
Now that's just plain nasty. Retract it at once or my butler will give you a sound horsewhipping.

PDR

Well okay, but you have been a gliderist. We have the negatives.

Cactus

i heard it was a combat wing...
I know you believe you understand what you think i said, but i am not sure you realise that what you think you heard is not what i meant.

PDR

Quote from: SteveBB on October 02, 2014, 22:13:11 pm
Well okay, but you have been a gliderist. We have the negatives.

Being a gliderist is nothing BUT negatives...

PDR

Patmac

Quote from: pheasant_plucker on October 02, 2014, 13:25:18 pm
The dd is probably why it was swamped on the 1st day. Lots of people will be pleased to be able to spread the cost and it's now a 5% rather than 10% charge.

Gerry

It is only available for vehicles that need to be taxed from 1st Nov so they have a whole month to do it. Anyone expecting to use DD to renew their tax due on 1st of Oct will have been disappointed.
Pax vobiscum