August 15, 2020, 02:17:43 am

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

August 15, 2020, 02:17:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Power Jets

Started by wunwinglow, May 16, 2016, 16:21:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wunwinglow

Yesterday, May 15th 2016 was the 75th anniversary of the first flight of a British jet powered aeroplane.
Frank Whittle and his small Power Jets team designed and built the engine in Lutterworth. :uk:
This significant anniversary has been given a thorough ignoring by the press and TV, and I haven't seen any reference to it on any of the other modelling fora, so I thought I better put a post on here.

itsme

A worthy date. It's also the 73rd anniversary of Operation Chastise. 617 squadron now rearming with the JSF.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

itsme

And oddly I was in Lutterworth yesterday but missed the roundabout with the Whittle jet on it.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Turbine Tinkerer

I was in Lutterworth yesterday and didn't miss the roundabout with said jet on it! First time I've seen it

Butzi

Quote from: itsme on May 16, 2016, 17:29:11 pm
........617 squadron now rearming with the JSF.

JSF, the biggest pile of mechanical carp to ever come out of the States!  The Yanks must be laughing all the way to the bank having somehow persuaded us to buy this lemon whilst relieving us of our wonderful Harriers + spares. It's enough to make you weep.   :banghead: