RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

August 10, 2020, 12:40:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

No Dead Sparrows for Farnborough?

Started by PDR, June 14, 2016, 12:34:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PDR

It looks like the Farnborough Air Show won't have much of a flying display this year due to post-Shorham rule changes:

http://aerosociety.com/News/Insight-Blog/4451/Farnborough-Air-Show-2016-Preview

Severe restrictions and probably a cancellation from the Sparrows...

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

itsme

I've just booked for me and significant other for Duxford Fighter Meet in September. I hope they have not curtailed that too much. It got quite tame after Hoof Proudfoot planted the P38 into the runway. It's a dangerous game, as is motor racing.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Cactus

is that red box the fly within zone? how is anything meant to do that?!
a trade show where they try and sell hardware for blowing jonny towel head to pieces has the displays clipped because planes can not be trusted to fly over roads anymore.
I know you believe you understand what you think i said, but i am not sure you realise that what you think you heard is not what i meant.

Steve Lewin

The level of collateral damage anticipated in foreign war zones is not allowed on roads near shows in England.

Steve

Pup Cam

Quote from: Cactus on June 14, 2016, 13:04:35 pm
is that red box the fly within zone? how is anything meant to do that?!

Bring back a proper VSTOL aeroplane maybe - could you dust a few off Pete?

Alan
Still distracted by a 1953 AJS 16MS and now a 1939 BSA 250 too!

Cactus

Quote from: Steve Lewin on June 14, 2016, 17:02:18 pm
The level of collateral damage anticipated in foreign war zones is not allowed on roads near shows in England.

Steve

more that point that....

sultan sultana: so why do we buy this eurofighter?
biggles: because it's brilliant, it can out turn out fly and cost less anything else by the time you've got a nice back hander
sultan sultana: ok, lets see it fly
biggles: can't
sultan sultana: why sir can it not fly?
biggles: it might crash on the road... mr sultana... sir.... Si.... bugger
I know you believe you understand what you think i said, but i am not sure you realise that what you think you heard is not what i meant.

Steve J

Quote from: itsme on June 14, 2016, 12:45:10 pm
It's a dangerous game, as is motor racing.

It is acceptable for a pilot at an air show to put themselves at risk. People who go to see an air show are accepting a certain risk. It is not acceptable for uninvolved third parties to be killed because of an air show.

Steve

PDR

Unless they are gliderists, of course.

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

itsme

Quote from: Steve J on June 15, 2016, 14:41:11 pm
It is acceptable for a pilot at an air show to put themselves at risk. People who go to see an air show are accepting a certain risk. It is not acceptable for uninvolved third parties to be killed because of an air show.

Steve
A lot of those killed at Shoreham were taking 'an acceptable risk'- they were watching the show illegally.....granted, those just driving by were third parties,. but its a lot more dangerous just driving than watching an air show.