August 15, 2020, 03:33:54 am

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

August 15, 2020, 03:33:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Dizzy Yet??

Started by Bad Raven, July 30, 2016, 19:09:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

The user formerly know as Bravedan........... Well if Prince can do it....................

JohnP

Very odd Dave!  Do you think they couldn't find Heathrow?  :''

It crossed the Channel around 2:30 this afternoon, flew up to London and then circled for hours, finally departing back across the Channel around 8 this evening.  Maybe something to do with the cycling events in London today?  Relaying media coverage back to France, peut ĂȘtre? $%&
Quantum est in fenestra canini ?

steamysheep

ah, yes, pokomon hunting
Keeping my chin up!

Bad Raven

Spent nearly all its time at 23k plus, way above the LHR approach traffic tracking in as normal slightly more south, so most unlikely to be observation, signal relay?  yes, that is more likely.......................what a boring job (and an unusual one for fixed wing).
The user formerly know as Bravedan........... Well if Prince can do it....................

Bad Raven

Off topic (it's MY thread!!) yesterday evening I heard an outgoing and checked, it was an Emirates A380 heading Dubai.

Following it less than a minute behind was a Quantas A380....................heading Dubai.........................

Find it hard to believe there were THAT many people needing passage to Dubai on a Sat evening, or had they ripped some of the seats out to take the Knightsbridge super car brigade and their Aventadors back home?? 

JohnP

Dubai seems to be "A380-city"  I guess most people flying there are changing planes and going on further.  When my sister flies between the UK (either London or Newcastle) and Perth, Australia, she always goes via Dubai.

I was up on the Downs flying yesterday afternoon and saw the Emirates A380 heading for Dubai.  I didn't notice the Quantas one behind it though - I was probably too busy checking out the details of the Emirates one on FR24 and getting our club members to guess the speed and altitude!  ;D

PDR

I gather F-GPJD is a French Intelligence aeroplane - probably Hollande's team monitoring Theresa's Brexit Strategy Team meetings...

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

itsme

Quote from: No More Mr Nice Guy on July 31, 2016, 11:06:27 am
I gather F-GPJD is a French Intelligence aeroplane - probably Hollande's team monitoring Theresa's Brexit Strategy Team meetings...

PDR
French intelligence? Contradiction in terms, surely?

PDR

If I am forced to allow for the possibility that some Brexiters are not idiots then I must also consider the possibility of french intelligence being a thing.

Unlike the "University of Hull", obviously.

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

Michael_Rolls

Quote from: No More Mr Nice Guy on July 31, 2016, 11:06:27 am

PDR

More likely they are dropping diseased French mice to poison the Downing street cats. These foreigners will stoop to anything!
Mike  ;D ;D
Properly trained, a man can be a dog's best friend

PDR

Now there's a thought!

PDR

Michael_Rolls

Mind you, up here we have ariposte if only the SNP goons would see it - rampant Haggis on the Champs Elysees
Mike  ;D ;D

PDR

Well in a couple of weeks we'll be up in Edinburgh for the Fringe again.

I've had a local T-shirt printer run us up a few with "Don't blame me - I voted Remain" on front and back...

PDR

Michael_Rolls

You think that Scots who voted to stay can actually READ?
Mike

PDR

Quote from: Michael_Rolls on July 31, 2016, 19:09:55 pm
You think that Scots who voted to stay can actually READ?
Mike

They must be able to - the scottish brexiters needed *someone* to read the ballot papers to them...

PDR

JohnP

Getting back on topic...

The Dizzy King Air has been back again today.
As a reminder here is the full flight from yesterday - or as much as FR24 captured;

[attachimg=1]

Picked up at 1:29pm (UTC) mid-Channel it flew over London - with a little loop out towards Amersham, then returned to France, but not before turning back near Sittingbourne and flying back to Orpington, then doing another 180 and continuing to somewhere south of St. Omer where contact was lost.

This morning it was picked-up near Lens at 6:59am (UTC) and flew towards London, looping north of Croydon, then towards Cobham and lots of orbiting in the Guildford area, again at 23,000 feet, then towards Dorking before heading out to Maidstone then turning and landing at Biggin Hill;
[attachimg=2]

Then at 12:21pm (UTC) it was picked up east of Orpington heading east. Near Sittingbourne it turned south-east towards, then turned, back to Maidstone then on to London again, by now back at 23,000 feet.  Circling, it headed south west towards Guildford, then back up to London via Dorking, Epsom and Kingston - all at 23,000 to 25,000 feet. Then on to Sittingbourne, descending gradually, reaching 13,000 feet at Folkestone and on across the Channel with contact lost near St. Omer.
[attachimg=3]

My money is now firmly on the cycling event(s) in London - either for one of the teams or for one of the media companies.

Bad Raven

Which begs the question as to what it could have done while at around 23k up, way above the LHR and LGW civils. Bouncing the signals from the Heli's?