RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2020, 13:39:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

6 channel Sanwa conquest MK11 transmitter and receiver

Started by m51sherman, August 15, 2016, 18:38:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

m51sherman

Hi. Very new to this game, so please be gentle! Ha!
In the middle of building my first RC, A Peter Rake Nieuport 11. Really pleased with the build so far. Just getting radio gear together and have come across a used Sanwa conquest MK11 transmitter and receiver for a tenner. Any one had dealings with Sanwa? Many Thanks.

bigrob

It was a good basic radio in its time. That time was 25 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

antonnick

A Peter Rake Nieuport 11 is a very lightweight model and you may get difficulties in obtaining a 35 MHz Rx light enough to do the model justice.

Also, being 35MHz, if my experience is anything to go by the mixture of elektric Motors and 35 MHz is prone to interference Problems.  >:(

There are some things in this Hobby of ours where you do not want to cut any corners on and having reliable RC gear is one of them. Modern 2,4 Ghz Radio gear has never been cheaper and is really the way to go.

But do not discard your Sanwa. I also have one of these I use in a powered ( i/c Motor) glider and it can be itself quite easily converted to 2,4 using FrSky modules if you so wish.
Sicher, kann ich fliegen!
I am not a "guy" and I was never a "kid".

m51sherman

Thanks Gents. Will bare that in mind and go for the newer kit. many thanks.