RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

August 10, 2020, 12:35:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Airbus A319/A320 "Leak/Overflow"

Started by Bad Raven, August 26, 2016, 06:02:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

Standing cooking on the apron by the rear stairs at Lyon yesterday waiting for the many French families coming to England before we ban them to get their numerous and considerably oversized cases/bags/pushchairs/guillotines into the overheads (one family of two adults and four kids under school age had three large bags which would never have fitted into the test cage, this not including fathers also oversize backpack with strapped on "potty" and mothers large handbag), it was only too evident that the plane was leaking fluid.

Not just the odd drops (like Concorde used to do from all sorts of unexpected places when "cold"), but a near "failed water tank ball valve overflow" sized stream. This made quite a large puddle. This from a shaped faired rear pointing exit tube under the belly just in front of the wing.  It continued unabated for at least two minutes, slowly reducing to a frequent drip by the time the French had stowed the complete contents of their apartment and we could actually board.

Never seen a leak/overflow like that before, so out of curiosity will seek info, but anyone know (non-jokingly) what it was? (Ambient was 44 in the shade at the time, BTW)
The user formerly know as Bravedan........... Well if Prince can do it....................

bigrob

Probably water from the air conditioning like your car does

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

PDR

There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

itsme

Non bad - jokingly is more accurate.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Bad Raven

Quote from: bigrob on August 26, 2016, 08:05:20 am
Probably water from the air conditioning like your car does

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Yes, most likely, I hadn't thought AC condense/ice, silly really, as my car tries to produce a minor sea after I stop the engine in hot weather!  (Must have been the heat, or the ire generated by the airline allowing passengers to abuse the in cabin luggage rules so badly!)  :banghead:

Switching to heat, being away only for a week but the south facing conservatory all day in sun has suffered, no real surprise when after it being so wet and cool that the sudden drought has shrunk the under clay massively.

I was flying the Inductrix around on FPV yesterday evening when a battery decided not to wait for the timer, The Inductrix landed at the edge of the lawn to the path, and all but disappeared down the gap like a California Quake B movie!
The user formerly know as Bravedan........... Well if Prince can do it....................