August 10, 2020, 12:13:52 pm

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

August 10, 2020, 12:13:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

sad news

Started by smartarze, October 02, 2016, 22:53:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

smartarze

Very saddened to hear the news today of a P51 mustang (Janie) crash only a few miles from me at Hardwick airfield, suffolk. I watched it fly over my house as it does regularly, I then read that it crashed 1 hour later leaving the pilot in a critical condition and killing the passenger. Those that have been to one of Phil's events at tibenham will know that the pilot Maurice quite often gives us an incredible display. link to the reports http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-37534944

It doesn't say at this stage who was flying it but thoughts and prayers go out to both family's at this very sad time.

Ian

itsme

So sorry to hear that.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Michael_Rolls

Properly trained, a man can be a dog's best friend

TonyKing

Latest info is that the 80yr old passenger died after being trapped in the aircraft, Maurice is in hospital in a stable condition according to his family.
The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.
Senior Administrator and Forum Moderator