RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2020, 14:24:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

1/9 Rafale wing servo choice

Started by paulinfrance, October 23, 2016, 15:01:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

paulinfrance

Hi, I am flying  my AD 1/9 scale Rafale with an upgraded motor ( Wren Jubilee ) however one
of my wing servos has gone 'jittery' in the up position, I am using a Futaba PCM 139 receiver on 41 mhz on 4.8 volts, I am looking for replacements wing servos, which are currently Futaba S 9402's which are 4.8 volt metal gear 9 kg servos ( probably a bit overkill ) I have been looking for replacements, S9206, S 9452, Bls 252 and Bls 253, will the Bls ( brushless ) what are your suggestions , and will the Bls servos work properly on my old analogue receiver ?,
and any other suggestions ?,
thanks Paul.
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

paulinfrance

Well it's 4 years on and I am still fling it with my old setup,  I changed the servo gears in the wings to get rid of the play, yesterday in windy conditions it Porpoised (I am not sore if this is the right term )in flight, from around 70 klm/h onwards getting worse, even in a high speed banked turn, there was a tiny bit of play in the rudder servo so a new one was fitted, I did fiddle about with the canards angle of attack but to no avail, any ideas ?. Canard Rafale.jpg

PDR

Rafale is a French aeroplane, so any time it is flying into harms way it will start shaking and trying to turn around to run away...

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

THE BLACKBIRD

The man that never made a mistake
Never made anything

paulinfrance

Quote from: PDR on June 15, 2020, 18:05:02 pmRafale is a French aeroplane, so any time it is flying into harms way it will start shaking and trying to turn around to run away...

PDR

So that's it, maybe a British flag on it would do the job ?. :uk:

meharibear

No, but an Angela Merkel in the cockpit should fix things!
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.  (Terry Pratchett)

paulinfrance

Quote from: meharibear on June 15, 2020, 23:18:18 pmNo, but an Angela Merkel in the cockpit should fix things!

No good, It's the single seater one so no place for her French lap dog,,