RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

November 13, 2019, 12:55:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Futaba 7008 SB compatability with PowerBox competition SRS

Started by THE BLACKBIRD, November 04, 2016, 17:23:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THE BLACKBIRD

I was going to maiden my Jetlegend SU27 tomorrow but have been warned that the Futaba 7008 SB has problems with the PB competition srs, and that several jets have been lost due to this
I have never heard it before but don't want to risk two turbines and everything else that go's with it
Emailed PB and they say I need a special lead from Futaba to download something to upgrade the rx
Emailed Futaba and they say they don't know of any problems between the two ????? and its up to PB to make their stuff compatible  :banghead:
Help

Tony
The man that never made a mistake
Never made anything

fly-navy

Try the Jet Modellers forum Tony if you haven't already. Great bunch of helpful blokes on there, might be mistaken but I think Mickb (Burrell) on here could be of help.
Now that I am older I thought it was nice I seemed to have more patience,turns out  I don't give  a sh*t

THE BLACKBIRD

Not a member of that one FN, some good jet flyers on here that's why I asked

Tony
Never made anything

HarryC

Did you have any luck with it?  I see that you asked on the PB forum and they offered you the Futaba firmware update file but you need to buy an expensive Futaba USB dongle!

THE BLACKBIRD

Hi Harry
Yes I got it sorted in the end, some saying they are not in compaterble some say there is no problem,
It appears it was with the early 2012/2013
Never made anything

THE BLACKBIRD

It cut me off mid sentence, Futaba altered the soft where in th later tx
Mine are new this year and the phone competition was upgraded this year also
So I maiden the SU 27 tomorrow morning
Nervousness is an understatement
Never made anything