August 10, 2020, 11:49:08 am

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

August 10, 2020, 11:49:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

F1 2017

Started by Bad Raven, March 14, 2017, 10:45:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

OK, so if you just like to trash F1 and its enthusiasts, GO AWAY, get yourself back to "Blankie" and resume sucking your thumb you juvenile half baked know nothing low life twerp........................... 

:nananana:

Right, that's set the scene. SO, what do we think so far of the changes and who's going to speculate on Melbourne ?    :study:  ;D
The user formerly know as Bravedan........... Well if Prince can do it....................

THE BLACKBIRD

I think the changes up to now are in the right direction with the little dwarf gone and also the new specifications to the cars will bring it closer at the top ( I DO HOPE SO ) and I like the appointment of Brawn,
So all in all I look forward to Lewis winning it again as a Brit, don't think there is another Brit in there with a chance
Just hope Merc don't finish second in the championship

Tony
The man that never made a mistake
Never made anything

EssJay

From the way testing has gone in Spain, it looks like Mercedes are going to be very strong again this season, however Ferrari look like they could be hot on their heels with some great testing results.
Having said that, it seems that Ferrari have been dogged with some poor reliability in the past couple of seasons, so let's hope that's behind them now. I also think the latest regs will make for some much closer racing.
I'd like to see Lewis get his 4th Championship win this year, but this year could be his hardest challenge.
No trees were harmed by this post, but some electrons have been slightly inconvenienced

FrankS

I think Red Bull have been holding a bit back, and unless something miraculous happens I can't see McLaren and Honda working together in 2018. Haas seem to be getting better and better too.

JohnP

From what I see Mercedes are still the act to beat.  Ferrari look strong though, and I agree that Red Bull are holding back - I have heard claims that the car they tested in Barcelona will have some huge changes when it lines up in Melbourne...

McLaren look to be in a worse place than even last season.  Will Alonso walk?  If so JB is under contract to step into his shoes.  Their Honda engine continues to lack both power and reliability.  But if McLaren were to ditch Honda where would they go for their engines?  I'm told that they've signed an engine deal with BMW - for their McLaren road cars,  but...  I wonder?  Long-term possibly,  but surely not any time soon?
Quantum est in fenestra canini ?

Bad Raven

The user formerly know as Bravedan........... Well if Prince can do it....................

iqon

I think Mercedes will win again, but Ferrari will win one or two.......maybe McLaren are holding back..... :D

Bad Raven

Quote from: iqon on March 16, 2017, 16:14:38 pm
....maybe McLaren are holding back..... :D

Holding back from telling Honda to walk?  ;)

THE BLACKBIRD

I read that McLaren are talking to Mercedes 
Never made anything

Bad Raven

Quote from: THE BLACKBIRD on March 16, 2017, 21:14:50 pm
I read that McLaren are talking to Mercedes

Yes, but with Williams and Force India at times punching close to Mercedes themselves, do they want another squad nipping their heels? 

Counter to this is that another team able to front run might take the heat out of and limit Ferrari and Red Bull for them.

The bottom line is that Manor have gone, and with it going there are Mercedes engines "spare" that presumably were in preparation. Also I guess its not beyond the possibility that they might be able to use last years engines, which would avoid the poss of them nicking podiums while giving them reliability.

Look what Brawn did with a car that initially wasn't designed for the engine it ended up with.

THE BLACKBIRD

yes he did and wasn't that a Honda engine he replaced with a Mercedes  ;)
Never made anything

Bad Raven

Quote from: THE BLACKBIRD on March 17, 2017, 09:04:40 am
yes he did and wasn't that a Honda engine he replaced with a Mercedes  ;)

Funny you should say that......................   :''

Agent P

well im not a betting man, but my money this year is on Max Verstappen to win the Championship.

THE BLACKBIRD

NO!! he's to UGLY to be champion  ;)
Never made anything

meharibear

So is there going to be an RCMF Friends League on Badger this year?  The Camelchasers are already signed up  :uk:
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.  (Terry Pratchett)

girlieflier

My team is also signed up.Couple more and we have enough for a league
It takes hundreds of nuts to build a motorbike, but only one in a car to wreck it

JohnP

I'm signed-up too.

FrankS

Lewis is looking a bit fired up.

FlyinBrian

As much as I would love to see Lewis win a fourth title I do hope it is a bit of an inter team battle this year.
Basic Research is what I do - when I don't know what I'm doing!.

Gordon W

Same here.  These days I'm happy to record the races, and then skim through if the action is boring.  That's a pity in a way because sometimes there's some good info in the commentaries.  The qualification session can be better than the racing sometimes as the cameras are able to follow the action more closely when dealing with only one or two cars at a time.

The Beakmeister

Well, my Boss has put his money on Williams, but hes always been a fan,, but we do get a sticker on the rear wing!!
There are only two types of model aircraft, those that have crashed and those that are going to crash !

JohnP

Looks a bit of a no-contest there, beaky...  Can't really see the yellow one beating the white one!  ;D

JohnP

Hmmm...  Not to spoil qualifying for the channel 4 viewers later today,  but "interesting". :)

paulinfrance

Quote from: Gordon W on March 24, 2017, 20:25:06 pm
Same here.  These days I'm happy to record the races, and then skim through if the action is boring.  That's a pity in a way because sometimes there's some good info in the commentaries.  The qualification session can be better than the racing sometimes as the cameras are able to follow the action more closely when dealing with only one or two cars at a time.

I Watch it after Sunday lunch, "live"  no recording for me  :co   
      The start with a cup of coffee, then on the 3rd lap, off to a well earned 'snooze'
and then the  excitement of the narrators on the last lap to Wake me up,,, a perfect Sunday afternoon,,,  :''
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

The Beakmeister

Quote from: JohnP on March 25, 2017, 07:01:53 am
Looks a bit of a no-contest there, beaky...  Can't really see the yellow one beating the white one!  ;D

Lol
But John,,, JCB do hold the land speed record for a diesel powered car at 360 MPH,,,, so in a straight line ,,,, :ev :ev :uk:
There are only two types of model aircraft, those that have crashed and those that are going to crash !

Bad Raven

Quote from: captain beaky on March 25, 2017, 07:45:09 am
JCB do hold the land speed record for a diesel powered car at 360 MPH,,,, so in a straight line ,,,, :ev :ev :uk:

Ah, DieselMax.......................I know one of the main engineers from Ricardo Engineering who was involved in the build and on site for the runs as field support and I was shown over it in detail, some machine!

JohnP

Quote from: JohnP on March 25, 2017, 07:01:53 am

Just realised - the JCB 3CX in the picture...  I've driven one of those, obviously a slightly earlier version, but definitely a 3CX. 

It was back in 2005,  my employer at that time ran a driver of the year competition (paid for out of the health and safety budget) and the 40 finalists spent a day at MIRA driving all sorts of things.  These included the JCB (picking up a traffic cone in the front 'shovel', driving around some more cones and depositing the cone at the end of the course.)  Also reversing a fork-lift round a slalom course,  6-litre Vauxhall Monaro on the skidpan  :D and an artic, forward and reverse on an S-shaped course, plus others.  A brilliant day, even if we didn't quite hit 360 in the JCB!

The Beakmeister

John,
I remember being on site  at that event!! I was there to show the punter the machine controls, as I worked as a Demonstrator in those days, and yes Deiselmax is an impressive piece of "British Engineering" , some of Britain's best minds worked on that incuding Dr Tim Leverton ( Rolls Royce) and Fred Ayres ( designer of Bloodhound) Fred designed the streamliner by using pure math ,,,,no wind tunnel!! 

Bad Raven

OK, back to F1.

Have a look at :-  http://cliptheapex.com/overtaking/

Discuss....................   :study:

THE BLACKBIRD

The new regs have not improved the overtaking then, but im pleased we seem to have a race at last, or maybe not if as Lewis says his car was not performing well, stillit was a good start to the season
Never made anything

JohnP

Overtaking does seem to be as difficult as under the previous regs,  but Lewis did seem quite excited after the race at the prospect of being able to compete this season against others, and not just against his team-mate!

Bad Raven

Australia is traditionally not an "overtaking" race, so too early to write off 2017, but its not that encouraging.

I was watching the Australian "Jet-Boats" earlier and the thought struck, they have a straight points system, each place gained gaining ONE point.  The championship therefore is EXTREMELY cut throat and close.............................I wonder??

Bad Raven