January 24, 2020, 17:17:38 pm

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

January 24, 2020, 17:17:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

British Touring Car Championship

Started by Bad Raven, June 12, 2017, 19:55:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

Years ago in the days of the Sierra Cosworths I used to enjoy watching this series but drifted away when frequent adverts and overactive "presenters" with little skill and no idea what they were waffling about intruded.

Having a TV box with so many record options I weakened and decided to have another look.

Now, I like MotoGP and Formula 1 and Formula "E", but check the timings so I don't have to sit through the usually excruciatingly painful  "chat about nothing".

Didn't know the actual time of the BTCC first race, so turned it on and fast forwarded.

Staggered!  A full HOUR of TV carp talking heads before the first race!! Ye Gods.......................................   And I thought it could not get any worse....................... :banghead:
The user formerly know as Bravedan........... Well if Prince can do it....................

Bad Raven

Example DURING race, " I love to see the cars moving around at the limit, you won't see that anywhere else than at Thruxton"

Are they FOR REAL???   :banghead: :banghead:
The user formerly know as Bravedan........... Well if Prince can do it....................

Steve Lewin

I still quite like BTCC. But any TV program that lasts for 6+ hours is never going to be interesting for more than a small proportion of the time. So I  always look on BTCC.net where they publish the timetable for each meeting to the minute and they do keep to it fairly well.

Personally I hate the grid interviews "What's your plan for this race?" "Well I'm going to try to go faster than the other blokes",

Steve

RobC

I switched to it and found Ginettas and Renault Clios(?), not a BTC in sight.  Still some good racing but I wasn't listening to the commentary tbh.
flying's easy - it's getting it back down in one piece that's the hard part

FlyinBrian

Is'nt Ginetta British, there registered office is in Leeds, granted Ginetta or Clio are not typical "Touring Cars"
Basic Research is what I do - when I don't know what I'm doing!.

RobC

For some reason the Ginetta drivers seemed much less keen on shoving the opposition out of the way than did the hatchback drivers  :ev
flying's easy - it's getting it back down in one piece that's the hard part

FlyinBrian

Have you ever tried to compete with small French cars around Paris?
Basic Research is what I do - when I don't know what I'm doing!.

Bad Raven

Quote from: FlyinBrian on June 14, 2017, 23:28:59 pm
Have you ever tried to compete with small French cars around Paris?

yes, several times, they surrendered.

Bad Raven

Quote from: RobC on June 14, 2017, 15:16:31 pm
For some reason the Ginetta drivers seemed much less keen on shoving the opposition out of the way than did the hatchback drivers  :ev

Yup, as would you be if you were sitting in a vac formed food container doing 90mph.  :ev :ev