February 21, 2020, 13:04:57 pm

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

February 21, 2020, 13:04:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

F1 - altered start times

Started by Bad Raven, February 06, 2018, 18:16:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

The user formerly know as Bravedan........... Well if Prince can do it....................

EssJay

No trees were harmed by this post, but some electrons have been slightly inconvenienced

PDR

The trouble is that these days you can't let kids onto the grid unless they are properly safeguarded and supervised, and that gives us a problem which needs some thought.

My solution is just the application of logic. Howsabout we keep the gridkids, and give each one a chaperone. The chaperones should be female, aged between 18 and 24 so that they can empathise with the gridkids. The chaperones should be fit and athletic so that they can easily evade any dangers on the grid, and should be clear-skinned with long, straight blonde hair so that any toxic gases or particulates will show up in good time to be treated. The chaperones should wear short skirts to mitigate the evident fire-risks from hot car exhausts near the ground.

Obviously you can't ask children to do physical work (that would be exploitation) so the chaperones should hold the driver grid-place boards. In fact the grid is such a dangerous place what with all the cars, hot engines, hot tyres, air-tools, high-voltage electrics etc that while the chaperones are holding up all the grid-place boards on the track the gridkids (who would be too young to appreciate the dangers) should be placed safely along the pit wall at the back of the grid, behind the last cars and safely distant from the hazards.

There - does that sound like a workable compromise?

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

EssJay

We've really missed you Peter ! :))
No trees were harmed by this post, but some electrons have been slightly inconvenienced

paulinfrance

It leaves the door open for Paedophiles  :-X   
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

PDR

In what way does my absence leave the door open for Paedophiles??

There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

British Victory

Quote from: paulinfrance on February 20, 2018, 07:25:00 am
I have to say that that's potentially the most insulting post I've seen on this forum.
Not nice at all. I just hope that my second take on it, that kids miles from chaperones would be more accessible to sexual predators is the the more accurate  and that it isn't intended to be linked to the long gap year poster directly :xx.
there's only one f in RCMF,
               John

itsme

Quote from: Alan Smithie on February 20, 2018, 09:04:36 am
In what way does my absence leave the door open for Paedophiles??
I'm  surprised at you Peter. You know what he meant.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

keithl

Quote from: itsme on February 20, 2018, 09:52:28 am
I'm  surprised at you Peter. You know what he meant.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

If the stick has a wrong end, Peter will grasp it for comedic effect.
Warning: objects in the mirror may be close than they appear (or I'm creeping up on you from behind)

SteveBB

Quote from: paulinfrance on February 20, 2018, 07:25:00 am

How? The vast majority of paedophiles are more likely to be members of the child's family who are spectating. Sad but true.
Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert!
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

EssJay

I assume that consideration must now be made as to whether to remove 'Grid Girls' from Motorcycling, CheerLeaders from US football, basketball, and indeed Cricket T20 matches, or have the PC brigade only got a problem with F1?

SteveBB

Quote from: EssJay on February 22, 2018, 19:38:52 pm
I assume that consideration must now be made as to whether to remove 'Grid Girls' from Motorcycling, CheerLeaders from US football, basketball, and indeed Cricket T20 matches, or have the PC brigade only got a problem with F1?

Those were't days.. Snetterton and Rockingham BSB 2001.  :uk:

One with Steve Hislop was the round when he broke his leg at Rockingham. Reynolds won and the last round (and Championship) at Donnington but said it was bitter sweet because Hislop hadn't been there to race. Hislop later died in a helicopter crash, really approachable bloke.

Bad Raven

Of course, all these women were forced against their will to do that work, and are more than happy to lose the income.......................
The user formerly know as Bravedan........... Well if Prince can do it....................

SteveBB

Quote from: Bad Raven on February 22, 2018, 21:47:21 pm
Of course, all these women were forced against their will to do that work, and are more than happy to lose the income.......................

F1 is probably different but in the BSB the girls are often the girlfriends, wives, sisters of the crew and riders. Especially the privateers. Some are models earning a bit of extra dough with the factory teams. It's just a job like any other and I imagine they will be a bit/lot annoyed to lose the income.

paulinfrance

The bikes have already got it sorted out,,,
Mode 2 THE only way to fly