RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

November 13, 2019, 12:59:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

F104 1/4 scale scratch build

Started by THE BLACKBIRD, March 06, 2018, 12:49:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THE BLACKBIRD

Made the retract doors, retract fitted doors dry fit
The man that never made a mistake
Never made anything

THE BLACKBIRD

Can anybody tell me if it is more beneficial to duct the airflow into the turbine than to let it suck air from where ever
this is for the F104 
Never made anything

paulinfrance

I have built a few ducted fan models, don't forget a ducted fan accelerates air, so a smooth
intake and a 'journey' through the model is vital, any rough or turbulent zones will slow the
airflow down.

Whereas a gas turbine uses the air in a different manner, so speed into the turbine won't be beneficial to it,
I let it take it's air from the intakes and retract 'holes' with no ducting.

That's my penny's worth,,,  :study:
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

THE BLACKBIRD

Thanks for that Paul, i have never ducted the airflow into a turbine and just wondered if there was anything to be gained by ducting it
Started on the thrust pipe rear end
Never made anything

THE BLACKBIRD

I've not been doing anything on this bird as I need to get my A10 to the flight testing stage before painting it, also I am in England for a operation
I went in for the op yesterday they did all the paper work I got ready in the op clothes
gown nickers and long tight socks, went into the waiting area and there I sat for nearly 7hours
When they eventually came for it was to tell me the op was cancelled,
Angry was hardly the word
Never made anything

paulinfrance

Quote from: THE BLACKBIRD on May 31, 2018, 07:55:02 am
I've not been doing anything on this bird as I need to get my A10 to the flight testing stage before painting it, also I am in England for a operation
I went in for the op yesterday they did all the paper work I got ready in the op clothes
gown nickers and long tight socks, went into the waiting area and there I sat for nearly 7hours
When they eventually came for it was to tell me the op was cancelled,
Angry was hardly the word

Yes it sounds like England I sorry to hear about it so if you need a translator and get the job done
over here, mail me,,,

THE BLACKBIRD

Well I have my op tomorrow again let's hope they don't cancel it this time, but it will be another two months before I can get back home to start on this gal again
Never made anything

paulinfrance

Good luck, I have had a few operations in the last 3 years, and now that I have got over them all I am even doing Track days on my Aprilia, life is fun !  :af

THE BLACKBIRD

Went in this morning for the op, booked in, sat in the waiting room, my son walked in I said what are you doing here, as I could see he was not happy chappie
Your op has been cancelled again he said,
Gob smacked  is the only way to describe how I felt
Had a meeting with the manager, full of bull?!',t
Back to square one
Never made anything

THE BLACKBIRD

I am still working on this project, had my op and am back home in Cyprus, problem i have now is all my photos of the build are on my ipad, and it has decided to call it a day, cannot even get to switch on and my camera has packed up in sympathy with the ipad can you believe, but progress has been made and it is now glassed, if i can find any pictures ll post them if anyone's interested
I weighed the air frame with the glass on but not sanded down and it was spot on 16kg it also had the main legs in it

Tony
Never made anything