RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

July 07, 2020, 13:25:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Futaba T9CP super transmitter voltage

Started by colin.breach, April 02, 2018, 20:22:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colin.breach

I have just purchased a replacement battery for this transmitter,a three cell LI PO.This is supposed to be direct change over from the original NI CAD. The new battery fully charged will be about 2 volts more than the original. Will the TX be able to cope with this increase in volts, The Hobby King advert does say this is acceptable, Colin...

Phil_G

April 03, 2018, 07:47:55 am #1 Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 10:38:05 am by Phil_G
A 3S LiFePo4 is a much better match for 8xNiMh, thats what I'd use.
Something like this though I'm not sure what shape the T9 battery is:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-2100mah-3s1p-20-40c-lifepo4-transmitter-pack.html
Cheers
Phil

itsme

Quote from: Phil_G on April 03, 2018, 07:47:55 am
A 3S LiFePo4 is a much better match for 8xNiMh, thats what I'd use.
Cheers
Phil
Personally I stick to nmh for transmitters but a 9.6 volt battery goes up.to 11.5 after charging so I would have thought the tx will stand the extra.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Gaspin

Colin, it works fine I  used a Turnigy 3s in my T9 for a number of years without any problems. They last so long you forget it's there.

Saxon

April 05, 2018, 08:52:41 am #4 Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 16:18:11 pm by Saxon
Fitted a 3 cell life battery into the Taranis and then into the T9CP as well.
That was a couple of years ago and the setup has been trouble free.
Unable to comment on a lipo setup.
I stand to be corrected but I think a fully charged 8 cell nimh pack is only fractionally lower than a 3 cell life at 10.8v    $%&

John

colin.breach

Quote from: Saxon on April 05, 2018, 08:52:41 am
Fitted a 3 cell life battery into the Taranis and then into the T9CP as well.
That was a couple of years ago and the setup has been trouble free.
Unable to comment on a lipo setup.
I stand to be corrected but I think a fully charged 8 cell nimh pack is only fractionally lower than a 3 cell life at 10.8v    $%&

John
Thanks for info. had just got a couple of replacements,a 9.9v. and a 11.4 Li Po, the Li Po is supposed to be O.K for direct replacement in the Futaba, but is fully charged about 20% more than the Ni Cad pack, I suppose the TX power supply is regulated to about 9 volts. Yours was forth reply,Nobody came back and said do not go there, Thanks...

itsme

I believe there were some transmitters- cant remember which- that used to blow a fuse if switched on immediately after charging. The answer was to leave it switched off for twenty minutes until it settled back to a normal capacity.

Saxon

Colin.
Can you use the lipo you've bought in a model, or some other alternative project, and go for a life battery.
I'm only suggesting that as my setup has been well behaved and I have no worries about charging it in the house (and in the transmitter).

John

colin.breach

John, thanks for last suggestion...I have bought a 9.9 volt, and a 3 cell Li Po, I need either of these for the motor ignition or the T.X, The motor needs 6 to 12 volts, they are both the correct size for the T.X. As two replies have had no problem with the Li Po, I will use that for the T.X, but just charge to 12 v to be on the safe side, thanks again for help, Colin...

Saxon

April 07, 2018, 17:08:14 pm #9 Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 18:05:21 pm by Saxon

No problems Colin  :af

John