RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

October 22, 2020, 16:15:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Protech Alpha 2

Started by propwash, May 03, 2018, 13:59:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

propwash

May 03, 2018, 13:59:03 pm Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 15:14:14 pm by propwash
Any one know where I can obtain  spares for the Protech Alpha 2 electric glider.
Well Flown? tell the wife.

maxbradley

Which bits are you looking for

propwash

Canopy, mine blew off , lost. Thanks

maxbradley

Hmmm was thinking that may be it.....
Not aware of any..
Should be fairly easy to make one,,, Either moulded or bit of surgery with a pop bottle

Patmac

May 05, 2018, 22:29:28 pm #4 Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 22:31:01 pm by Patmac
A few years ago aquired a second hand Protech Ultimate which came with a spare fuselage (I think it uses the same blown plastic fus as the Alpha) there was only one canopy between them & it was damaged.
I moulded a pair of replacement canopies by cuttingt & shaped a pattern from some scrap pine then heat shrinking a pop bottles over it.
This was a success but like the original flimsy & difficult to fix satisfactorily.
Later I made a pair of glass fibre canopies by shrinking a pop bottle over the pattern laying up the GF then heat shrinking another pop bottle over that.This saved sanding & filling the finished item it also speeded the cure time of the resin.
Although this may sound a time consuming excercise the entire project probably only took a couple of hours.

[attach=1] [attach=2] [attach=3] [attach=4] [attach=5]

[attachimg=6]

[attachimg=7]

Pax vobiscum

propwash

Many thanks for that Pat. Looks very interesting, I will have a go

Michael_Rolls

It's very simple - my Alpha is on its third canopy - one lost in flight, one damaged (stood on?) one still OK  :xx :xx
Mike
Properly trained, a man can be a dog's best friend