April 01, 2020, 12:37:05 pm

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

April 01, 2020, 12:37:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

DLE55 Exhast Baffle

Started by goldenballs, June 03, 2018, 16:09:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

goldenballs

Does anyone know where I can get a set of baffles for a DLE 55 RA (rear exhaust)?  I seem to recall that someone was offering an after market solution that could fitted inside the downpipe of the stock muffler.

Regards

Garry

goldenballs

Charlie C

Beware Garry,

I have tried various methods to quieten down DLE's, 35's, 55's and 120's and inserts just strangle them and have been removed again.

Just my 2ps worth.

Charlie C
Global Moderator

goldenballs

I know what you mean Charle but I can live with less power but not with more noise🤫

itsme

Quote from: goldenballs on June 04, 2018, 06:32:34 am
I know what you mean Charle but I can live with less power but not with more noise🤫
best answer is a proper silencer. The tin box that comes with the engine is raucous to say the least. One or two people do them, the ones from TJD are used by some I know with great results.

goldenballs

Quote from: itsme on June 04, 2018, 06:41:21 am
The tin box that comes with the engine is raucous to say the least. One or two people do them, the ones from TJD are used by some I know with great results.

Really useful - thankyou.  Do you have the names of the other companies that do other mufflers for the 55RA - I'll go a see if I can find one that fits the space between engine and firewall.

Garry

itsme

Quote from: goldenballs on June 04, 2018, 19:33:44 pm
Really useful - thankyou.  Do you have the names of the other companies that do other mufflers for the 55RA - I'll go a see if I can find one that fits the space between engine and firewall.

Garry
Not sure to.be honest. It's only what I have been told. We were discussing this very point at the club yesterday- it was too hot to fly! I'll try to find out but I'm off to the RCHotel tomorrow for a week.  Have you looked at Just Engines?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

goldenballs

I will phone tomorrow - just in case.  If you do hear anything else I would appreciate it if you let me know.   Enjoy the holiday!

itsme

Oh yes......lol
Quote from: goldenballs on June 04, 2018, 20:44:25 pm
I will phone tomorrow - just in case.  If you do hear anything else I would appreciate it if you let me know.   Enjoy the holiday!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk