April 01, 2020, 12:02:34 pm

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

April 01, 2020, 12:02:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Aspen Fuel

Started by Norfolk'n'Good, June 21, 2018, 15:06:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolk'n'Good

Anyone using Aspen 2 fuel in their toy plane?  Having been out of the game for several years and transporting a petrol powered aircraft today in my vehicle it whiffed a bit.  I use Aspen fuel on a daily basis in my chainsaws up to 50cc (over that they drink so it's expensive) and love the stuff.

aspenfuel.co.uk/

Norfolk'n'Good

If anyone is interested I have just run my CRRC rpo 26cc on Apspen 2 and it ran sweet after richened the bottom end just a smidge which is common with Aspen on my chainsaws anyway.  No acrid stink in my back garden running on Apsen................ I'm going to try 2 tea spoons myself after coffee in the mornings ;)

Agent P

would it be advisable to run in a new evo 33cc on this or use normal petrol oil mix first ?
thanks

paulinfrance

Most of our club use the ready mixed stuff with problems at all, but why all this mystifying
stuff about running in   :-X just fill your plane up and fly it. :af
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

Norfolk'n'Good

Quote from: Agent P on June 21, 2018, 17:47:36 pm
would it be advisable to run in a new evo 33cc on this or use normal petrol oil mix first ?
thanks

Just fill up and run it.  Dont spank it by running at high revs for long periods, I run my chainsaws on it from new putting them to work immediately and to date no issues.

I heard a story which I have no reason to disbelieve that a guy bought a new chainsaw and ran it on Aspen in a commercially.  After 12 months it was stripped and the engine inspected there was no wear and no carbon deposits to be found it looked almost like new inside.

It will not deteriorate or harden your diaphragms or fuel pipes and is actually polystyrene safe.

itsme

So where can you get this stuff?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Steve Mitchell

We used to run the radials on it! Worked a treat, just expensive if using all the time!
Senior Administrator