April 01, 2020, 12:23:43 pm

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

April 01, 2020, 12:23:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Mutunuc

Started by The Saint. (Owen), July 12, 2018, 19:55:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Saint. (Owen)

Does anyone have any knowledge about these engines, there was a .61 and a .65 and as far as I know, were the only ones they made.

Thank you in advance.  :)
Electrickery is the work of the devil.
Proper aeroplanes are powered by engines.

FlyinBrian

I recall Brian Winch doing a test on a .MUTNUC .61 donkeys years ago, he was of the opinion it was a badge engineered engine but didn't suggest who manufactured it. He was also quite positive about its build and running.
Basic Research is what I do - when I don't know what I'm doing!.

Kevin Fairgrieve (NSS)

I have one.

At least I think I do!!

I will dig it out, but I am sure it was a .46 size.

Kev

PDR

Was given one to review back in the early 90s - it was a chinese engine with reasonable but not brilliant build quality for a cheapo. Had some suspicions about some of the materials used, but didn't check them. IIRC it started easily and ran well enough, although I had to de-grit the ball races before running. Probably put about an hour of running on it. From memory it was no great powerhouse, but ran reasonably well on a 12.5-5 graupner paddle-blader. More power than a Meteor 60 (but then that's true of most .15s) and probably similar to a Mk4 Merco 61 or Enya 60-G7, but it was quite large and heavy for what it was. For the price it was a pretty good deal assuming that it didn't knacker-out quickly (the concerns about the materials). I guess I must still have it somewhere, but I doubt I could put a hand on it in a hurry.

PDR

There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...