RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

April 01, 2020, 11:53:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Zenoah 26cc stalls pr splutters on 1st roll and then is fine....

Started by Splitty, August 16, 2018, 21:00:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Splitty

Good evening

An odd one.  I have a zenoah 26cc on my H9 Taylorcraft.  What's odd is every 1st flight she flies fine until you invert her.  She then either stalls completely or the engine hesitates badly.  After that initial one she will fly inverted, loops etc...

The fuel tsnk is plumbed with a t in the tank to carb line
  Could this be giving me problems...

It's weird that shes ok after one quick inverted maneuveur.

itsme

I have one of these plumbed as yours is. Mine is faultless. I dislike that 2 line tank though and am going to replace it when I re engine with an OS petrol 4 stroke I have. Are you sure the fuel line in is sealed properly? Bubbles can cause that to happen, although its curious it only does it once.

Gaspin

idigbo

The t in the fuel line is for filling , right? Sounds like there is perhaps air getting trapped in the blocked off section of the T which is above the rest of the fuel line with the model upright. When you roll inverted for the first time the air rises then is drawn into the carb causing the one off starvation.

Ian.
THIS MAN KNOWS NOTHING AND SHOULD NOT BE LISTENED TO OR TRUSTED!!   -  Forum admin.

itsme

Quote from: idigbo on August 17, 2018, 08:19:41 am
The t in the fuel line is for filling , right? Sounds like there is perhaps air getting trapped in the blocked off section of the T which is above the rest of the fuel line with the model upright. When you roll inverted for the first time the air rises then is drawn into the carb causing the one off starvation.

Ian.
sounds about right Ian. I detest these two line tanks. When filling they siphon fuel out and you get covered when you remove the filler tube. Daft US ideas..

Bad Raven

Either start it in a cradle inverted or invert it by hand before flying.................. Simples....................

;D ;D
The user formerly know as Bravedan........... Well if Prince can do it....................

itsme

Not quite that easy. It's a cumbersome model with a bulky fuselage and the spars get in the way. I'm not sure I would want to lift it and invert it with the engine running.
Quote from: Bad Raven on August 17, 2018, 18:05:59 pm
Either start it in a cradle inverted or invert it by hand before flying.................. Simples....................

;D ;D

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk