RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

April 01, 2020, 11:58:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

RCGF - delivered broken

Started by Bad Raven, August 17, 2018, 18:24:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

paulinfrance

I checked the ignitions systems, they are all grounded, so no point in running an earth wire.
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

PDR

How is the -(ve) side of the plug connected to the ignition system Ov?

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

paulinfrance

The braided earth wire is soldered onto a piece of brass tube going into the 'box' .

PDR

And how is it connected at the other end?

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

paulinfrance

Soldered onto the metal plug cap, two flights this afternoon with the Rexel ignition system plugged into a separate 6v battery and the RPM counter disconnected, All went well with the exception of the exhaust screws coming loose,
so a couple of longer bolts to be screwed in and their heads wired up,,  :''

paulinfrance

Unbelievable, finding 5mm x 35mm bolts, no one has them so out came the oxy acetylene gear a couple of nuts and I made them myself, a couple of tubular spacers were also brazed inside the exhaust and a new joint made all assembled and a piece of 1.5mm piano wire to keep it all in place.

No flying as our new runway is under way,,