RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

February 25, 2020, 18:21:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Rather wonderful RC Small model seen at LMA Gaydon

Started by FlyinBrian, November 17, 2018, 07:16:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyinBrian

November 17, 2018, 07:16:41 am Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:19:55 am by FlyinBrian
I just came across these in my various folders - what I took at the LMA show.

Basic Research is what I do - when I don't know what I'm doing!.

Alan H

Very nice, did you note what they were constructed with? perhaps Depron.

wunwinglow

Some of them were built by local man Peter Iliffe, he uses balsa and tissue in the traditional way. His models fly well on a calm day, I've seen his recent German WW1 floatplane (Hansa Brandenburg ?) take off from damp grass; it has also flown off water

FlyinBrian

November 18, 2018, 05:14:15 am #3 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 05:16:15 am by FlyinBrian
Quote from: wunwinglow on November 17, 2018, 18:56:44 pm
Some of them were built by local man Peter Iliffe, he uses balsa and tissue in the traditional way. His models fly well on a calm day, I've seen his recent German WW1 floatplane (Hansa Brandenburg ?) take off from damp grass; it has also flown off water

WWL is correct, all trad builds covered with Japanese tissue and sprayed / painted with acrylics. Those models of prototypes having rotary engines had a simulated rotary that turns when the electric motor runs - it uses some sort of friction coupling so the dummy motor turns at a realistic speed.

OH and the cardboard box the model stands on is for transportation, again made by Peter and a work of art in itself.
Basic Research is what I do - when I don't know what I'm doing!.