RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

February 25, 2020, 19:17:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

HobbyKing Mini-Saturn

Started by PDR, January 03, 2019, 22:49:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PDR

I was given one of these at the club meeting this evening (complete except for Rx, but including a 2s300 lipo). Anyone had one? Any comments? do they fly OK or is it just a donor for parts to make something better?

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

Kallman

Did you try it out, PDR? Or have you used it for parts or something?

PDR

I found it had a duff aileron servo (stripped gear), which I have now replaced, and I got a handful of batteries for it, but I haven't had the chance to test fly it yet. Watch this space...

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

e-flite_rules

I'm watching......

Seriously though I've got one of these kits in a box.  Is it worth it to open it and grab my cyano?

PDR

I flew it, and it is a bizare aeroplane. It's unstable around all three axes, so as long as you're flying continuous manoeuvers it's OK (of a bit strange), but if you try to fly straight and level it just doesn't.

It had novelty value, but after 4 or 5 sessions I tired of it.

PDR