RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

October 18, 2019, 12:46:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Re: The South East Flyers Thread Part 4

Started by EricF, November 30, 2018, 10:17:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiggz

February 15, 2019, 19:59:47 pm #80 Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 13:06:36 pm by pheasant_plucker Reason: Removed Broken Attachment link
I encountered this on my work day today

If u put your ear against it and listen carefully u can hear a Merlin

Jiggz

February 17, 2019, 23:12:23 pm #81 Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 13:07:37 pm by pheasant_plucker Reason: Removed Broken Youtube link
A great relaxing day today at Wrotham .
I planned to go for an hour and stayed for 5

Congratulation to Swarrens on his maiden and follow up flights of his 1/3 ASH26 ..
I did the best I could do with my phone footage .it's not quite up to miniphase (paul) standards

Simon''s  ash26 maiden vid

I had a good few flights with my Albatross and flight 2 and 3 with my siren ..
The sky was rather busy on my sirens second flight and I felt i wasnt able to see everyone before I got to them .. my third flight was great ..really enjoyed the model and was well worth the long slow build .

Have a good day at thurnham tomorrow chaps ..
Hope u all feel guilty flying whilst I'm sitting in traffic ..

paul w

Nice one chaps! Sorry I couldn't make it for the maiden, but glad
to see all went well.

What's the verdict Simon? It rolls, so does that alone qualify it as a keeper?
Goodwind Slope Soaring     blogtastic hill side adventures

swarrans

It's a lovely thing Paul, and as a Reinhard Schueller product a bit of model aircraft aristocracy (IMHO) so yes, it's a keeper.  I'm also hopeful that it will have its own place in my stable as it is quite a bit lighter than my DG800 and has a nice retract so I can use it for aerotowing and lighter wind days on the slope.  It still needs a little tuning I think - I want to check the horizontal dihedral and then perhaps take a bit more weight out of the nose. On the other hand, I don't want it to be super-neutral like most of my others so that it has a bit more self-correcting stability for aerotow.

Shame you couldn't be there but hopefully we'll get another chance soon.  My fence at home is coming on well but it's 50/50 if I will survive it physically!

Simon
I'm back from the Dark Side - I like gliders!

Jiggz

February 18, 2019, 22:28:26 pm #84 Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 13:08:40 pm by pheasant_plucker Reason: Removed Broken Youtube link
Hi all ..
I got the chance this evening to sort out the footage from Simon's second Ash26 flight

Now I have most of my gliders flying and my backlog of builds and maidens up to date I just have the sunbird to build and the tragi to set up.
I'm going to try and set up the tragi for my next outing .. I'm not to sure I will be flying it ..but I'm looking fwd to seeing it being flown.
Thanks also to Charlie for the build advice on Sunday . I'm going to order all the servos for the sunbird next week so I will hopefully have it flying in the next month ..

GP

Would be very pleasant at Holly Hill today. (Saturday 23 Feb).

Unfortunately I can't make it, I have to oversee my sons' birthday party.

EricF

February 23, 2019, 09:25:24 am #86 Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 10:31:25 am by EricF
10mph SSE, couldn't be better for Holly!
I'll be there this morning!
There will be other days,Gary!  :)
Update: 7-8 mph blow, had a couple of good billy-no-mates flights, moved to Wrotham, where the only company was 100 sheep, had a couple of flights in so-so to no-lift conditions, had lunch, snoozed the sunshine and then went come to carry on with jobs for SWSBO! ;D
I'm not old, I've just been young for a very long time!

EricF

Quote from: swarrans on February 18, 2019, 17:19:02 pm
It's a lovely thing Paul, and as a Reinhard Schueller product a bit of model aircraft aristocracy (IMHO) so yes, it's a keeper.
Simon

I had the chance to fly it a couple of times for a few seconds when Simon launched it, and it felt great.
Watching it fly, it's very much like my 'little' 4 metre Multiplex ASH26, which is also a keeper.
Mine is undergoing some re-furbishment at present, as it has had lots of hours in the air over the past few years, but it will be returning to the slope in the Spring.

mick a

has something happened on this site , it seems all the posts from february to present have disappeared

EricF

Jiggz

HI all
I'm going to Wrotham on Fri morning for a few hours .. anyone else going to wrotham

Jiggz

August 08, 2019, 22:44:33 pm #91 Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 13:09:12 pm by pheasant_plucker Reason: Removed Broken Youtube link
Had a bit if fun at Wrotham this evening myself and Nick popped up there but wind was calm ..was a little lift I was scratching about for further out to the left and my radian just cruised around ..Nick found it difficult to get out into the lift I was in with his Lidl ..so I made up a servo release underneath my radian and it bleeding worked ...

EricF

August 17, 2019, 10:22:44 am #92 Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 23:51:49 pm by EricF
At last, a couple of decent days for sloping at Thurnham - see you there! :)

Update:
Good session at Thurnham today.
About six of the regulars there today enjoying the excellent conditions . . . once the rain had passed through.
I flew my Phase 6, Heron, Ahi and Terry the Terradon and others all flew a wide selection of fully moulded models.
Conditions look good again for Thurnham the next few days, with the odd shower promised!  :af

JBFUK

Disappointing wind observations today - the forecasts had been 10-15mph.  I was planning to pop to Kemsing when the forecast was southerly.  Then it changed to ESE/SE and I thought Butts Lane looked like a maybe, but a long trip to be greeted with no wind...

Any thoughts on slopes that would be working in the South East today?  Sea Breeze possible?  Forget it and cut the grass instead?

paul w

Quote from: JBFUK on August 25, 2019, 11:41:38 amDisappointing wind observations today - the forecasts had been 10-15mph.  I was planning to pop to Kemsing when the forecast was southerly.  Then it changed to ESE/SE and I thought Butts Lane looked like a maybe, but a long trip to be greeted with no wind...

Any thoughts on slopes that would be working in the South East today?  Sea Breeze possible?  Forget it and cut the grass instead?

A day late.... but Holly Hill is good for SE, if it goes ESE fly hard left along the slope (and over the trees) as far as you dare for better lift
Goodwind Slope Soaring     blogtastic hill side adventures

JefO

For a couple of months, RCMF locked me out, and didn't recognise my password. It said that it would send me an email so that I could renew my password, but never sent me the emails tht I repeatedly requested. When I decided I would have to register again, it would not let me register with my mail.com email address and then would not let me use my old handle (Ofej) so here I am again as JefO.

It's been horrible being without access to this forum, and this is virtually the only thread on the forum that I ever look at.

It's nice to be back!

Jef 

EricF

Hi Jeff,
Good to see you back on the forum again.
I was at the electro-gliding at SADMAC last weekend and thought you might be there.
Will you be at the Towner Trophy comp at Tonbridge tomorrow?
See you on the slope sometime - make it sooner than later.
Cheers.

mick a

i also couldn't get into the forum at all, just the gliding section, not been flying for a while - but still plodding on with e minimoa mo2a, it's become a war of wills 😠
but getting there, hope to see you all at the slope soon
mick

JefO

Hi Eric,

No, not flying electric / winch / HLG at all... last time I flew was Midsummer's Day in 2018 at Thurnham. Did charge up a receiver battery last week, so starting to make the right moves towards going flying again, but have gone back to work again now, having had 12 weeks of late spring/summer off.

Got to go to Egypt for some well earned SCUBA time soon...

Maybe we can fly together somewhere on New Year's Day?

Jef

mick a

September 15, 2019, 19:39:19 pm #99 Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 19:08:13 pm by mick a
hi gents
wonder if anyone can help, i was at thurnham on wednesday last week, and there was a guy there who was helping me set up my discuss 2a, and did a lot of flights which was great .
Charlie was also there helping to launch etc .
I can't remember the guys name i thought it was dave,but it's clear i got it wrong,he was flying a sunbird i think he flies helis as well.