RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

October 18, 2019, 14:15:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Mystery plane needs id please.

Started by chaz2b, September 19, 2019, 12:26:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chaz2b

September 19, 2019, 12:26:28 pm Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 12:57:27 pm by chaz2b
A friend of mine has just aquired this plane with a Fuji 15-iv engine, circa 1970's?
Any info will be of great help, span is 46 1/2".

Chaz2b
There are many roads to success,.....mine is currently being resurfaced! However, all detours have been removed and financial issues have been met....let's go fly!

PDR

Looks like a home-brew - I certainly don't remember anything like it.

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

chaz2b

Nor me Peter, can you recommend a prop size? I was thinking around 9x4 running on 10% duraglow.

Chaz2b
There are many roads to success,.....mine is currently being resurfaced! However, all detours have been removed and financial issues have been met....let's go fly!

PDR

I would think anything from 8-4 to 9-6 depending on the particular motor. I'd be wary about using 10% nitro in a motor from that era as most of them were intended for 0-5% nitro and they may need decompressing to take 10%. Too much notro gives hot running, pinking and misfires which can throw a prop or (in extremis) crack the piston if you take it too lean.

Best bet would be to take the fuji out and replace it with a 30A/1200Kv motor and a 3s2200, of course...

:EV

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

chaz2b

September 19, 2019, 14:51:44 pm #4 Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 14:55:22 pm by chaz2b
Sorry, didn't quite understand the methanol engine you are referring to at the end. :D  . I have 5% so he can use that for now, till he buys his own >:(  ;D
Actually went to a model shop.....first time since my LMS closed a couple of years ago, though he was out of 5%, bought Laser fuel for my own stock.
Chaz2b