RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

November 21, 2019, 12:57:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Wanted - Helicopter programs for Taranis Plus

Started by Scram, October 25, 2019, 12:37:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scram

I have 2 off Hirobo Sceadu's, one HPM the other SWM both currently set up on 35MHz for my Futaba T9C.  I would like to convert them to 2.4GHz for use on my Taranis Plus.

Does anyone have helicopter files they would be willing to share please?

Thanks, Jerry
Egg beaters make Scram - bled eggs. Sceadu 50 HPM, Sceadu 50 SWM, X-400
Wizard Compact. E.G. Alula, E-Typhoon, Typhoon, Vampire, Mini-Vec, Aresti 2m, Speedo, Deuces Wild.

Scram

Nobody want to share??

Needles to say, any use by me of a donated program would be entirely at my own risk and the doner could be assure of no comeback under any circumstances.
Wizard Compact. E.G. Alula, E-Typhoon, Typhoon, Vampire, Mini-Vec, Aresti 2m, Speedo, Deuces Wild.

paulinfrance

I use Futaba radio's so no help from me, but what do you mean by 'files', if you have a Helicopter program in your radio it only needs programming,
 a "ready made' program is of no use, as it won't know which way your servos turn and their setup, pitch, gyro, etc.,,,,
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

Scram

Thanks Paul, clearly you are not familiar with the FrSky Taranis radio which uses OpenTX firmware to run the Tx.  This allows one to write the control programs for each model which are stored as .eepe files on the Tx.  The Tx can be connected via USB to a computer and the .eepe files can be downloaded or can be generated on the PC via a dedicated program, simulated, checked and uploaded to the Tx.  The files can then be shared with others if needed.  I fly F3F gliders with 4 servo wings using flaps coupled to ailerons etc etc.  The program is complex and was developed by AN Other.  It is not difficult to modify to meet my own particular needs.  So I was hoping someone might share their helicopter file to give me a starting point.  That clearly would need checking and adjusting to meet my needs/model specific characteristics, but all possible.

So, whilst waiting on some decent weather to maiden my Waco and not getting an offer to my request, I thought it was time to program my Taranis X9d+ myself, which is proving "interesting"! Then I noticed that the date on my Tx kept reverting to 2000-01-01 each time I switched it off and on again. Little investigation told me the Lithium battery on the main board would be flat and needed replacing.

Google search found I could get one from RS Components which is 2 mile down the road from my house and I could order one (£2.07 incl VAT) for delivery free of charge, next day. This was about 5pm last night. It arrived a few minutes ago.

20191107_120645s.jpg

Can you see it on top of the box??? :shock:
Is that crackers or what?? Fantastic service though - postage must have cost 'em more than the battery cost me!!

Here's the Waco:
Waco-04.jpg

paulinfrance

Yes I have no idea how to program my 29.90€ phone :-\  so I am way out of my depth, that's why I pay 1.000€ for a Futaba one,, $%&

Scram

I used to fly my helis with my Futaba T9C and this worked fine.  But when it came to flying F3F gliders with need to have properly offset servo functions for flaps, this was very difficult.  Like you, I could have bought and expensive Tx but I decided to go down the FrSky Taranis route because it would give even better flexibility for a very good price.  I now want to transfer the heli's to my Taranis, and starting from someone's proven program makes learning easier and quicker.   :af

I've now found what I need here:

https://rcsettings.com/index.php/viewcategory/4-helicopters

If you go to the home page, there find listings for other types of R/C models.

paulinfrance