RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

December 09, 2019, 15:14:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Spektrum AR620 receiver problem

Started by Biggles70, November 15, 2019, 12:26:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggles70

My AR620 rx has worked perfectly until I swapped it to another model. I'm using it with a DX8 tx. The receiver binds OK but will not operate the throttle! All other channels are functioning correctly. I've tried it on 2 models with the same result. Also changed it for a lemon rx and the throttle is fine with the lemon rx. Ideas gratefully received.

itsme

Some receivers do not like the throttle stick with any trim on it. Take it right down and try again, it sounds like a safety protocol to prevent an electric motor starting.

FrankS

Quote from: itsme on November 15, 2019, 15:10:43 pmSome receivers do not like the throttle stick with any trim on it. Take it right down and try again, it sounds like a safety protocol to prevent an electric motor starting.

Not heard of that on receivers, on ESCs but not receivers. What happens if it's an IC model?

Biggles70

Thank you for the comments. The throttle was fully down, also the trim.
I do now have the answer, courtesy of Garry Brace at Al's Hobbies. PORT B on the AR620, labelled for 'Battery', is ONLY used for the battery on I.C. powered planes. For electric planes using an ESC with BEC, the correct PORT is PORT 1. The connection from the ESC goes into that. The remaining PORTS are for servos. PORT 'B' IS NOT used.
I do think that the AR620 Manual does not make this sufficiently clear.
Thank again Garry and Al's Hobbies

FrankS

Yes, but the ESC instructions should have made it clear that servo cable should be plugged into the throttle channel.

Note you can plug the power supply for the receiver into any port as the +ve and -ve connections are on a common rail, but output signals are only on named or numbered channels.

propeak

Quote from: Biggles70 on November 15, 2019, 20:21:13 pmThank you for the comments. The throttle was fully down, also the trim.
I do now have the answer, courtesy of Garry Brace at Al's Hobbies. PORT B on the AR620, labelled for 'Battery', is ONLY used for the battery on I.C. powered planes. For electric planes using an ESC with BEC, the correct PORT is PORT 1. The connection from the ESC goes into that. The remaining PORTS are for servos. PORT 'B' IS NOT used.
I do think that the AR620 Manual does not make this sufficiently clear.
Thank again Garry and Al's Hobbies
I read this post expecting a revelation, instead we are told the esc lead must go in the throttle channel, the question is which channel or port as you put it had you been plugging the esc lead into, please don't say the battery port. :'(