December 14, 2019, 07:43:38 am

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

December 14, 2019, 07:43:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Unresd messages

Started by NoNuFink, December 02, 2019, 13:17:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NoNuFink

December 02, 2019, 13:17:45 pm Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 13:23:14 pm by NoNuFink
Hi,
I'm having minor problems with unread messages and I'm seeking enlightenment
Firstly I'm using old (10yr+) hardware and Vista with the last version of Firefox that still works with Vista.  Yes - I know but it still works for me.
 Anyway firefox has got itself configured in such a way that it takes a minute or so to connect to RCMF - This is not my query ('though suggestions appreciated)- I suspect it's a firefox add-on causing it.
While looking for the configuration problem I have been logging into RCMF using an old short cut as follows
 http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/unread/?all
It works fine and shows me any unread message.

If I now close firefox and then reopen it, this automatically deletes any history but retains RCMF cookie(s).  If I now type RCMF.co.uk into the address bar it now finds RCMF Ok and logs me in automatically.  If I click on 'show unread' it switches to
http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php?action=unread

Unfortunately it come up with 'no unread messages'.

If I subsequently use the old shortcut it still comes up with the original unread messages.

Any suggestions? I suspect this is something in my RCMF profile but I'm buggered if I can find anything to alter.

Help!

NNF
One in four people in this country is mentally unbalanced.
Think of your 3 closest friends... Are you the one?

pheasant_plucker

I would suggest clearing your cookies and internet cache

Gerry
Senior Administrator

The man serving me in the canteen said "Look, You can see the face of Jesus in the Margarine" The Asian guy next to me replied "I can't believe it's not Budda"

NoNuFink

December 02, 2019, 16:33:52 pm #2 Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 16:43:32 pm by NoNuFink
Been there done that - many times.  No effect
If I start a new Firefox profile it connects to RCMF quickly and , of course, I have to log in BUT 'show unread' still comes up with "no unread"
NNF
One in four people in this country is mentally unbalanced.
Think of your 3 closest friends... Are you the one?