RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

February 20, 2020, 09:06:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

3 d look alike pilots

Started by paulinfrance, February 11, 2020, 16:45:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

paulinfrance

So with all these cheap printers, :co  is no one on this site got a scanner or is capable of scanning photos to print look alike pilots ,; :study:
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

flynn

3D scanners do exist. The last time I had a go at one the results were 'less than perfect', and I decided that life was too short to persist with it. You would be better off 3D printing a pilot with a flat face and cutting up a photo to stick on it.......

paulinfrance

A shame it's stopped, this is one of our locals, Alain FERROUL.jpgFerroul_Alain.jpg

itsme

my mate is in the late stages of printing an EDF Super Sabre. It has all the detail you could wish for, is VERY light and super strong. Even the retracts, wheels, everything are printed. Its around 5 feet length. I dont see a pilot would be any problem. Its just getting the files.

paulinfrance

The images that I posted were from a firm that scanned photos,,

pooh

A pal of mine had a 3D professional quality scanner, snag is it cost about £20K as I recall...

but it would scan a full-size car in sufficient detail to make a copy!
Confucious he say "more than one aircraft in the same airspace leads to structural failure"

paulinfrance

February 12, 2020, 14:40:11 pm #6 Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 14:41:28 pm by paulinfrance
Quote from: pooh on February 12, 2020, 14:11:42 pmA pal of mine had a 3D professional quality scanner, snag is it cost about £20K as I recall...

but it would scan a full-size car in sufficient detail to make a copy!

My mug isn't that big, but maybe as ugly,,

I have seen in model shows where they scan objects including faces and cut ? them out of resin blocks,resin.png

I asked him if he would scan me and sell me the file, but it didn't interest him,, ( typical French )

ace

At the Nationals "Scale me down" did me and am very happy with the result. Only seem to have a facebook page and no website.
Not 3d printed, could be etched with a laser from a solid block ?. Very light and hard.  :af