July 09, 2020, 14:25:29 pm

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

July 09, 2020, 14:25:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

transmitter

Started by itsme, April 22, 2020, 14:53:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

itsme

Just by chance does anyone have a Hitec Aurora 9x for sale? All my models are on my Aurora 9, and it concerns me that they have stopped making transmitters... I must have been asleep. If my Tx goes down I have no backup, seen a couple of Auroras for sale but no 9x.

RobC

Might be a long shot but give Paul at Kingfisher Aviation a call.  A mate of ours Dave passed away and Paul was dealing with the sale of Dave's modelling goods.  I know that Dave had an Aurora at one time - he was a serial transmitter buyer.  Whether he sold it before his passing I don't know.
flying's easy - it's getting it back down in one piece that's the hard part

itsme

Thanks Rob. I'll try him.

paulinfrance

It may sound silly "but", I have a couple of heli's and planes 'backed 'up', I fix a protractor to a servo and a long arm, then one by one I move the channels and note the direction of travel, the centre and end points in the degrees, then you can copy them on another TX.

found it !FX 30 FC 18.JPG
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

itsme

yeah, think its easy to copy them over, but its the Tx I'm short of. But job done, Robc (thanks very much) put me on to Paul at Kingfisher and he sold me a job lot- 9, not 9x, think a 9x is like hens teeth, and a few receivers (like I dont have enough)at a good price. At least I'm not stuck now if my seven or eight year old Tx breaks down. (unlikely, its a crying shame they dont make transmitters anymore, it has been dead reliable.)
So thanks for the help guys, especially Robc.

RobC

You're welcome, just happy that it will be put to good use.
flying's easy - it's getting it back down in one piece that's the hard part

itsme

Its a nice safety net for me, Rob. I cant imagine being stuck with no tranny for all the receivers I have! Mine being so old it makes me wonder how long before it gives up. thanks again, and to your sadly lost club mate.