RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

August 14, 2020, 06:44:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

radio type - help

Started by Gaspin, June 28, 2020, 05:29:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaspin

Choice of purchase for a X9D Plus is FCC or LBT version, I want to fly fixed wing and heli with the transmitter which version do I choose?

FrankS

Shouldn't matter, LBT is EU (UK) legal version, FCC is US legal version.

PDR

These relate to the 2.4G protocols and power settings and how they comply with national regulations. The FCC version is compliant with the American FCC regulations while the LBT version is compliant with the EU/UK ETSI regulations. The essential difference is that the ETSI regs require the the transmitter "Listen Before Talk" (LBT) - ie check a specific frequency is clear before transmitting on it. In the UK only the LBT version is legal, but I don't know what the regs are in Singapore.

HTH,

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

PDR

Another thought that's just occurred to me - both the LBT and FCC versions are actually obsolescent (any around will be old stock). Frsky changed to the new ACCESS protocol over a year ago, and this allows FCC/ETSI compliance to be selected in the Tx software. Current transmitters will still drive older D8/D16 receivers, but they aren't making them any more and all the new receivers are ACCESS.

So you might consider getting the ACCESS version (usually branded "Express") rather than an LBT or FCC version.

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

RobC

Isn't FCC/LBT selection on the Express sets only switchable using a scripts only supposed to be available to dealers, ie it's not a user menu option?  I think X series receivers will still be available for the foreseeable future.
flying's easy - it's getting it back down in one piece that's the hard part

Gaspin

Thanks for the replies, actually the latest X9D Plus 2019 has Access protocol included; so bit of a mystery why BangGood offer the option.
I think I might be here quite often while I set up some programes for the little beastie!

PDR

For my Horus I found the printed manual offered by T9 to be invaluable. They do a Taranis T9D version of it (here) and I would recommend buying it, There are other on-line resources and pdf manuals, but they aren't as clear or useful IMHO. It's also properly printed on heavy-grade paper with a spiral binding so it has lasted weeks of heavy use without even a hint of pages coming loose!

OpenTx is extremely powerful but it can be  bit of a steep learning curve if your previous transmitters were JR/Futaba/Spectrum etc (less so for those migrating from Multiplex). But it is logical and once you grasp the basic idea you find there is very little you can't do!

PDR