RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2020, 13:47:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

And now for something completely different

Started by British Victory, June 28, 2020, 10:36:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

British Victory

there's only one f in RCMF,
               John

PDR

There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

itsme

Americans, eh? lol
The British army has been firing at drones for many years, I know a fair number of pilots who have flown drones for a living, typical ones were 10' wingspan with McCulloch chain saw engines in them, flown from a ramp and then via binoculars. Shoulder launched missiles were a favourite weapon!

paulinfrance

Mode 2 THE only way to fly

itsme

PDR

Nothing to do with the video - it's just that I coded it correctly! :ev)

If you "quote" my post you will see the different syntax. The code between my "youtube" tags is the one you get by clicking "share" on the youtube page.

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

British Victory

Well, in mitigation, I did title it something completely different.
It's not the army but just the citizens practising for when they apply their second amendment in earnest for the second time.
there's only one f in RCMF,
               John

pooh

I did get into quite serious discussions with a gun club to do exactly this but not using machine guns  :'' 

A sales rep for one of my suppliers was a very keen clay-pigeon shooter (12-bore etc) and I happened to have a SPAD combat plane in my office and one thing led to another.

The idea was to use the same sort of safety precautions we used for combat flying combined with the discipline of clay-pigeon shooting. The shooter would be in a small fenced enclosure, with high sides and rear to reduce the available aiming arc, the plane would fly in a nominal "box" in front of the shooter (our combat matches were held within a 100m square "box", you lost points if you flew outside it consistently).

The SPAD planes were made from Correx, PVC drainpipe etc so cheap as chips to build, and the radio gear would be protected with aluminium sheet (no, not the antenna!)

Ultimately, we concluded that 'elf n safety people would probably not approve and a "┬úresponsible" club would not allow it, so it went no further  :'(
Confucious he say "more than one aircraft in the same airspace leads to structural failure"

pooh

June 28, 2020, 17:44:11 pm #8 Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 17:45:54 pm by pooh Reason: accidental double post
accidental double post !
Confucious he say "more than one aircraft in the same airspace leads to structural failure"