RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

January 22, 2020, 23:53:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Your slope/glider related videos Part 1.0

Started by Adam Richardson, July 11, 2009, 16:39:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

slopeflyer

Quote from: Pasty on August 07, 2012, 09:01:12 am
if u dont like ego's you're on the wrong forum  :ev

Hehe, OK steve, you proved your point, .... Ultrabatics early pioneer..

Waiting for you RCG competition entry with baited breath, hurry up not much time left!

Adam Richardson

Quote from: pilot_jimbo on August 04, 2012, 17:35:25 pm
proof that fishes fly backwards?

I'd be a bit concerned if it couldn't fly backwards. I've seen everything from vector 3s, erwin's, and even 5 kilo of wizard DSX fly backwards.

Backwards flying is nothing new either. Just don't try and catch a plane going backwards, as soon as you grab the boom an alter the angle of attack you end up wearing it.
Yum Yum, These Korean meat balls really are the dogs bollox.

slopeflyer

Sun, wind and a nice slope. A fish and a voltij. I could think of worse ways to spend a day.

Swiss Fish meets Voltij on Vimeo

Eyeboy

Still my favourite slope soaring video. OK, so there's no "fancy pants" fully molded carbon models or "aeros" involved but what it does capture, for me at least, is the essence of why I love to fly toy planes - PURE FUN. 
;D
Hit the stick at St Agnes on Vimeo
Yeah you?

Phil_G

Quote from: Adam Richardson on August 07, 2012, 12:57:27 pm
  I'd be a bit concerned if it couldn't fly backwards. I've seen everything from vector 3s, erwin's, and even 5 kilo of wizard DSX fly backwards.

Backwards flying is nothing new either. Just don't try and catch a plane going backwards, as soon as you grab the boom an alter the angle of attack you end up wearing it.

Are we missing the point, that Jims backwards flying at 0:52 was done by reversing the video... ?

slopeflyer

Quote from: Phil_G on August 07, 2012, 20:22:15 pm
Are we missing the point, that Jims backwards flying at 0:52 was done by reversing the video... ?

Sorry chaps, I shoulda pointed out phils correct. That was smart editing not my piloting skills (although it has clearly fooled one amongst us).

cliffhanger

August 07, 2012, 21:12:49 pm #1926 Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 22:43:56 pm by cliffhanger
Ok, no video tampering, just some uncut flying (apart from launch and land).

Like Eyeboy- no fancy molded f/glass or carbon stuff. Just a cheepo 2 metre Hobby King "Phoenix" with fuselage like a fairy liquid bottle and new stuff covered foam wings.

https://vimeo.com/47102009

Pasty

August 07, 2012, 22:08:28 pm #1927 Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 22:33:23 pm by Pasty
thats more like it Rog!  :co

Simonslim

Hoping the wind plays ball for this week-end Jim, can't wait to try out that big slope at Rhossili, I think it will be ideal for to maiden my big ASW28-18. Wait until you hear the scream off my little ASH26, it's scarey.
Regards
Simon.

slopeflyer

Quote from: Simonslim on August 07, 2012, 22:15:20 pm
Hoping the wind plays ball for this week-end Jim, can't wait to try out that big slope at Rhossili, I think it will be ideal for to maiden my big ASW28-18. Wait until you hear the scream off my little ASH26, it's scarey.

And now for something completely different.

If you were wondering what i did in the afternoon, tuesday also saw the first flight of my vortex on rhossili.

Tangent Vortex 5m on Vimeo

Simonslim

What a plane Jim, lovely. Flown just right too, eating up the sky quick-time. Definitely worth watching in HD. :af
Regards
Simon.

slopeflyer

Quote from: Simonslim on August 07, 2012, 22:37:06 pm
What a plane Jim, lovely. Flown just right too, eating up the sky quick-time. Definitely worth watching in HD. :af

That bump is at the north of the slope is quite a way away. Stunning flight, as you can tell by my commentary in the first 10 mins of the flight as I realised its potential.

Simonslim

Whats it like to land Jim, I imagine a big bugger like that takes some slowing down.
Regards
Simon.

slopeflyer

It lands fast. There is crow but not like a mouldie. There was only 15mph wind that day , so the landing speed was quite high. Need to pick a nice spot and cross your fingers. Landing approach this time was nice and I got it down OK.

Adam Richardson

Quote from: pilot_jimbo on August 07, 2012, 20:30:40 pm
Sorry chaps, I shoulda pointed out phils correct. That was smart editing not my piloting skills (although it has clearly fooled one amongst us).

Well not quite, I didnt actually watch the video.
Yum Yum, These Korean meat balls really are the dogs bollox.

cliffhanger

Quote from: Pasty on August 07, 2012, 22:08:28 pm
thats more like it Rog!  :co

Thanks Steve- How about you treating us to a recent video of you doing "ultrabatics"!
Don't hide your light under a bushel   :af

Eyeboy

Quote from: cliffhanger on August 07, 2012, 23:09:18 pm
Thanks Steve- How about you treating us to a recent video of you doing "ultrabatics"!
Don't hide your light under a bushel   :af

Must be about time for a new slope soaring vid isn't it Steve? Whilst "hit the stick" is my fave slope soaring vid, Steve has to be my fave vid maker. Always makes films of such quality that even my "non-flying" wife enjoys them!
:co
Yeah you?

Eyeboy

Congrats on the Vortex maiden PJ.
:af
Yeah you?

Pasty

The next 3 days we have easterly coming in which brings 3-4 of my best slopes online... you're right I do need to do a few more vids, its been too long and the next few days are going to be ideal  :co

cliffhanger

Yesss!!  ;)

Make it 3 mins or less and stick it in Surfimp's aero comp. You'll get my vote, unless Jimbo's aero's improve like about ten fold  :''

Eyeboy

Steveo, I feel your forthcoming video might be a little different to your normal style. I look forward to watching it but I feel the choice of soundtrack is predetermined!
:''
Yeah you?

slopeflyer

Hurry up chaps, closing date end of aug for videos entries to RCG slope comp.

Eyeboy

Quote from: pilot_jimbo on August 08, 2012, 22:30:01 pm
Hurry up chaps, closing date end of aug for videos entries to RCG slope comp.

Count me out. I've never enjoyed the editing side of vids but I do love to watch a good one. Best of luck to all that are entering.
:af
Yeah you?

cliffhanger

Quote from: pilot_jimbo on August 08, 2012, 18:46:58 pm
"You'll get my vote, unless Jimbo's aero's improve like about ten fold" 
Come on, I though were ignoring me, can't stop yourself can you!
You should get your voltij on Rhossili (if it still in one piece), it's fantastic!

Call that trolling? Just a bit of banter!
You are rather hard to ignore since you post about four or five times a day on various forums, and seem to post videos of just about every flight you do!
Yes, thanks telling me flying at Rhossili is fantastic. I live less than half an hour away, I've been retired for five years and have been flying there since the early '90's.
And yes my Voltij is fine thank you, although my 2m Sonic with TP42/39 airfoil is a better aerobatic flier.

swarrans

Not a very exciting video, but it was exciting for me as it was my first aerotow (and it has the bonus of being very short!)

Fox aerotow 2

Simon
I'm back from the Dark Side - I like gliders!

slopeflyer

Quote from: swarrans on August 09, 2012, 08:33:18 am
Not a very exciting video, but it was exciting for me as it was my first aerotow (and it has the bonus of being very short!)

Fox aerotow 2

Simon

Well done. It must be nice to have such a nice big flat LDZ...
I think I may have to fit a tow release onto my 1/4 fox now. How long was the flight ?

swarrans

Quote from: pilot_jimbo on August 09, 2012, 09:39:06 am
Well done. It must be nice to have such a nice big flat LDZ...
I think I may have to fit a tow release onto my 1/4 fox now. How long was the flight ?

Only about 5 mins or so (made up of loops, rolls and inverted!) - its no substitute for slope soaring with a big heavy model like this.  This field is not close to where I live and normally fly - the club had an open day so I was just visiting

clayts75

Simon, that look of relief after landing the Fox was priceless! Huge congrats at your successfull flight!

satinet

17kg. Crickey!!
Bet it was fun on the way down.

swarrans

Quote from: Skip on August 09, 2012, 13:13:08 pm
Simon, that look of relief after landing the Fox was priceless! Huge congrats at your successfull flight!

Haha, yes I still haven't quite got past the "thank God it landed in one piece" stage!

Quote from: satinet on August 09, 2012, 13:43:21 pm
17kg. Crickey!!
Bet it was fun on the way down.

It is a truely awesome model (although strangely looked rather small on the flat field next to John Greenfield's 1/2 scale DG1000!).  I'm getting more confident with it but it only really shows it's awesomeness when Simon Thornton flies it...

Simon

clayts75

Speaking of relief, I bet Andy was relieved to get this out the way

Andys F3F cherry popper

cliffhanger

LOL ;D Thanks for posting Clayt!

Well done And boyo! Looked uber-fast to me! Pity you cut.
Gosh that was a serious face at the end! What wasamarra- brown kaks? :''

andrewmawr

Quote from: cliffhanger on August 09, 2012, 17:35:08 pm
LOL ;D Thanks for posting Clayt!

Well done And boyo! Looked uber-fast to me! Pity you cut.
Gosh that was a serious face at the end! What wasamarra- brown kaks? :''

Haven't been that nervous since my wedding day.I was kakkin it.Good job it rained so hard,it washed me pants clean for the drive home.Thanks for filming that Clayt ,was a bit of a milestone for me and a 68 seconds i won't forget;-)

clayts75

You did really well, it's quite a pressure-filled minute or two! :af

I'll say no more about the other topic, sorry.

marillion

Great Job Andy, i think this was the hardest part. Hope to see you move up the list. I have never done an f3f race. Respect.

cliffhanger

Thanks for posting Clayt.
Yep I've had the pleasure of "inspecting" the Kinetic and watching Keith Broombridge put it through it's paces.

As your vid shows it really is a brilliant aerobatic model with the now famed TP42 wing airfoil.
He was thinking of bringing it into production, but the price he had in mind was quite high. Then I guess, along came the Dorado which is quite similar but not quite as nice.