August 24, 2019, 07:05:33 am

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

August 24, 2019, 07:05:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

SC 91 fs

Started by wotrob, June 08, 2009, 22:52:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wotrob

Prop APC 14x10
Baffled Silencer
RPm 7800
80.2dB

Rob.

Chip70

Wow that is quite a load for a 91 FS.  I  uses a 14 X 6 and get 9,820 RPM on my Magnum FS 91.  The maggie is the same engine as an ASP/SC engine with a US brand name.   I was using 15% nitro blended fuel (total oil 18%, 20/80 blend with 20% Castor oil).   Also using a Type F OS glow plug.

Cheers,

Chip

CARPERFECT

I know this is an old topic but have just bought one of these second hand, what were the carb settings to achieve those figures

tomkfly

I find an APC14 x 7 is best on my ASP 91f/strokes. I use 5% nitro, 15% synthetic and get around 8,900 rpm

Tom
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at often change.        www.deesidemac.co.uk
Gravity, thou art a heartless bitch

tomkfly

Quote from: CARPERFECT on June 01, 2011, 17:36:12 pm
I know this is an old topic but have just bought one of these second hand, what were the carb settings to achieve those figures

That will be different for each engine. You need to follow a proper set up procedure.
Here is a link to one method: http://www.airfieldmodels.com/information_source/model_aircraft_engines/mixture_controls.htm

Tom
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at often change.        www.deesidemac.co.uk
Gravity, thou art a heartless bitch