RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

December 09, 2019, 16:03:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

South Wales Slopers

Started by clayts75, September 03, 2009, 13:46:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Phil

Mark & I had a cracking afternoons flying up the Meio on Friday.
Glorious sunshine and 25 + mph wind, lift was awesome. We had a very brief rain shower which left us with much cleaner air afterwards.

Nucleardwarf

Yep - great day out Phil, cannot wait for the weather to improve so we can fly more! :af

Mike_T

Domestic duties called on Friday, else I'd have been up there too! 

Made it up last Sunday as Mark and Chris were leaving.  My mate had probs with an incidence peg and finally arrived on the top gaffer-taped together, which held together very well, as long as he did nothing exotic!  Some showers threatened, but they skirted the Meio and when they cleared, Weston and Brean Down were clearly visible from the top!  Looking forward to the summer, by which time I'm hoping to have more than just my modded Middle Phase to play with!

Nucleardwarf

Looking good for the Ice Cream slope at the Bwlch tomorrow - any takers? :af

Chuck Glider

I'm having to work tomorrow, and all week, then away up north next weekend but I'll keep an eye on the forecast in case I can fly off Parlick Fell. The following weekend I have a 50th birthday weekend, including the Wales v France game. So I won't be out to play for a while. But hopefully by then the weather may have improved.

Nucleardwarf

Quote from: Chuck Glider on February 09, 2014, 17:28:31 pm
I'm having to work tomorrow, and all week, then away up north next weekend but I'll keep an eye on the forecast in case I can fly off Parlick Fell. The following weekend I have a 50th birthday weekend, including the Wales v France game. So I won't be out to play for a while. But hopefully by then the weather may have improved.

Hope to see you soon Steve, have a good time up North.

Big Phil

Did you fly The Ice Cream slope after all Mark?

Nucleardwarf

Nope - ended up on Mickeys.  Some snow on the ground and very cold but stonking lift, wind average 35 with gusts in excess of 50 m.p.h.

Timing was superb too, had around three hours of ripping around the sky, walked back to the car and packed the gear away and in came the pouring rain! :af

Big Phil

Nice one.
Sunday is looking promising at the moment.   :xx

Nucleardwarf

Quote from: Big Phil on February 12, 2014, 14:22:07 pm
Nice one.
Sunday is looking promising at the moment.   :xx

Hope so! ::)

Big Phil

Tomorrow a.m looks dry and ok for the Meio    :xx
Who's coming out to play     ;D

Chuck Glider

Mark, Chris & myself are coming out to play today Andrew. We were on back of wrecker yesterday with 30mph winds. A good time was had by all.
See you there.

Chuck Glider

Here's the video of the flying at  Abertwssyg on Sunday. Fab flying guys  :af

Nucleardwarf

Yep - absolutely fabulous air Steve, a great day out! :af

Big Phil

Looking forward to a days flying tomorrow,  it will either be Meio or the Bwlch....all depends on the mornings wind direction.
First outing since Abertyswg a month ago when I totalled the Speedo  (must replace that one soon)

I'm planning to maiden my little Flyingwings Spook foamie.

Who's coming out to play in what's supposed to be a warmish sunny day.

Chuck Glider

Well the BBC app shows light winds shifting from NW to W around midday, so a long hike from tbe ice cream slope to mickeys but, XC shows NW all day. Who knows. If it does turn westerly it will be off the face of Meio as it was this morning, which was why I flew at Eglwsilan which was bang on and fandabbydosy. 😀

Chuck Glider

I'm free Friday to go flying if anyone wants to join me?

Big Phil

Are you not going away?
My car go's in for mot on Thursday so if I'm not up to my neck doing repairs I'll probably make it..

Chuck Glider

If I go away, it'll be Saturday to Monday. I have to get a new tyre fitted 1st thing Friday then I'll be off for a few hours flying somewhere

Big Phil

Who's for Fochriw for a couple of hours tomorrow.

Chuck Glider

Me, me, me [emoji106][emoji57]

Chuck Glider

Probably a few hours though, I'm in no rush to be anywhere tomorrow after I've had a new tyre fitted first thing

Big Phil

Day off work this coming Friday, who's up for a  day on the slopes if the weather is good.

Chuck Glider

I'll be there if I can get the day off work [emoji2]

Big Phil

Who and where tomorrow chappies    :af

clayts75

Anyone flying this Saturday? Weather looks good for the first flight in a couple of years.......... and probably on the back of the wrecker to make it easier.........  :ev

Chuck Glider

Hi Clayts, I guess Mark & myself will be out. It's a bit early in the week still to be talking about wind direction but we'll definitely be out somewhere, weather permitting.

clayts75

Cool. hopefully catch up then!

Chuck Glider

Hey Clayton, it's looking like a Mickeys weekend. Which day are you thinking of going?

clayts75

October 31, 2014, 14:47:23 pm #2070 Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 07:16:27 am by clayts75
Saturday, 10am, Mickeys

skipsoaring.blogspot.co.uk

Chuck Glider

Ah ok. I've spoken with Mark and he can't do Saturday, and I'm pretty much in the same boat, but will be there Sunday if you are?

clayts75

It was a bit blowy today!!!

It was awesome to catch up with Andrzej and scare the bejeezus out of myself again.

I've written a little bit more on my Blog http://skipsoaring.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/first-flight-since-last-time.html

It's great to be back home on the slopes again  :D

clayts75

I'll be at the icecream slope all day tomorrow.
I'll have the f3f course with me if anyone fancies a go at the course to try or some practice.