RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

August 24, 2019, 07:26:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

SPE 26 with 11.1mm carb and additional baffles in exhaust -VS- CRRC 26 (pics!)

Started by dogshome, November 27, 2009, 21:07:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dogshome

7,700 on a JXF 16*8 Woodie.

40:1 mineral oil.
肉(ròu)包(bāo)子(zi)打(dǎ)狗(gǒu) (meat+bun(2nd and 3rd)+hit+dog)
Literally: To hit a dog with a meat-bun

dogshome

I just checked ignition timing - ~40 degrees!

Worryingly, 28 degrees is exactly where the centre of the magnet meets the centre of the pickup.

Moved the pickup as far retarded as it will go without altering it and have about 32 degress. Will try again tomorrow.

bugsb

8-9000rpm sounds better going by other 26cc engines i have used seen crrc and xyz
maybe now the timing is a bit better you may get better results
Ron
Any spellng mistak is don with full intend to amuse the reder, so if you find one you can have it fo

dogshome

I hope so. I can't believe it was at this timing and still running fine. No pinging or overheating. Looked down the plughole, re-checked that I wasn't doing anything stupid - it was obviously well out and i could see it was a lot nearer 45 degrees than 30  :o

dogshome

32 degrees, no difference. SO I've ground and shimmed the key on the shaft, rotated the prop driver and got 28 degrees. This HAS made a difference. Startup is instant (like whoa that was quick) and the pickup is absolutely perfect. Top end? Sounds the same, but I can't tacho it now as all the lights outside are on and my tacho is seeing 50Hz.

What a strange engine. Why does it run 42 degrees without pinging ???

dogshome

tomkfly

Quote from: dogshome on November 28, 2009, 18:29:28 pm

What a strange engine. Why does it run 42 degrees without pinging ???

Could it be the electronics retard the ignition depending on revs?

Tom
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at often change.        www.deesidemac.co.uk
Gravity, thou art a heartless bitch

fokker

i have one of these things and what a piece of junk it is never runs consistantly lacks power and is generally not a pleasant engine. the only thing it has going for it is it starts easy. should add tryed alsorts with it still no real improvement >:( >:( never again wish id bought another zenoha or fuji

dogshome

Yes the electronics retard, but the static setting is also the fully advanced setting. It appears that it is a very low compression engine. 35 Degrees seems to give as much power as the 42 it came with, so that's where it's set now.

It does start and run well and the transition even with the bigger carb is fine. It's just a bit lacking in power for what I need. I think in a 60 size Cub it would be ideal. In a 120 size Yak it just isn't enough (not a million miles off though). The YAK has a big cowl and overpropping with an 18*8 seems to give as much pull as a 16*8 at more revs (and more noise).

I certainly wouldn't call it unpleasant or junk, it does run very well and gives reasonable performance at a reasonable weight. Looking at the CRRC Pro 26 MKI I've just been given, I don't think that will give significantly more than the SPE. It does have a larger carb as standard (34/64ths) which probably explains the better RPMS on smaller props. Ports and everything else looks very similar.

bugsb

the 26cc crrc you will get 8-9000rpm on a16x8
CRRC PRO 26cc petrol.
the xyz 26cc c spec runs at 8-9000rpm on the same prop
Ron
Any spellng mistak is don with full intend to amuse the reder, so if you find one you can have it fo

dogshome

dogshome

8400RPM - same everything except engine.

It's a little beasty  :co Just need to run it in now.

dogshome

10 full minutes running under it's belt now  ;D

8600 on 16*8 and 'almost' as much power as the ASP 180FS glow that was in the plane at first  :co

dogshome

Engine is now past-it. The bore plating has worn to the bone and the piston ring has had it. Main and rod bearings OK. A general lack of power today and not being able to tune it on song.

It's had some thrash though, The YAK is out most weekends; prop hanging; knife edge passes and loops. Generally on full blat for several flights (my favourite model).

RIP  :'(