RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

August 24, 2019, 06:39:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Tuned pipe for a .25 2 stroke

Started by jam1e, May 03, 2010, 21:32:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jam1e

Hi people,

i'm after some advice regarding a suitable tuned pipe for my os25ax, in my Hellcat combat model.

It's not the official combat games, just abit of fun.

If possible i want a one piece pipe. Any ideas on a good all round performance pipe people???

jam1e

Cactus

I know you believe you understand what you think i said, but i am not sure you realise that what you think you heard is not what i meant.

PDR

If you want something easy to fit your best bet is a club-20-style Irvine "Super-silencer". This will give you a hand power boost between about 16,000 and 20,000 rpm (based on some assumptions about the probable exhaust timing of the motor). As any of the former club-20 crowd, because there must be dozens of these lying around unused ATM.

You'll want something like an APC7-7 or 7-8 to get best use from it.

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

jam1e

Thanks PDR, but i still can't find any to buy! I've looked on numerous sites but nothing in the uk so far.  :embarassed:

I don't want to buy a weston pipe as i don't think it is very good value for your money....

PDR

Try contacting some of the old club-20 crowd. There are plenty of them on here - Justin (Cardboard Kieth), Paul Bardoe (PaulB), Barrie Lever (F3dracerbaz) etc.

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

Cactus

QuoteI don't want to buy a weston pipe as i don't think it is very good value for your money....

coz it's a quality bit of hand crafted kit that hasn't come off a cheap chinese website?
I know you believe you understand what you think i said, but i am not sure you realise that what you think you heard is not what i meant.

jam1e

Quote from: Cactus on May 06, 2010, 22:44:13 pm
coz it's a quality bit of hand crafted kit that hasn't come off a cheap chinese website?
Yes...

Sizzling

Quote from: jam1e on May 06, 2010, 09:12:40 am
I don't want to buy a weston pipe as i don't think it is very good value for your money....

They do work very well, cheap as chips when compared to a full length pipe  :af

jam1e

Quote from: Sizzling on May 07, 2010, 13:38:38 pm
They do work very well, cheap as chips when compared to a full length pipe  :af

Hi Sizzling!
I can't argue they're not very good quality pipes, i just don't want to buy it to get it all dented doing amateur combat fun! :-\
The plane might not last long enough to bother anyhow!! ;D