RSS Facebook

RCMF

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 23:22:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Saito FG36 ignition problem.  (Read 702 times)

Offline Simonslim

• Slimquattro.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • RCMF Air Commodore
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 7
  • Liked: 11
Saito FG36 ignition problem.
« on: September 20, 2010, 08:50:53 AM »
Hi folks, had a bit of a problem with the ignition on my FG on Friday, thought I was going to have to buy a replacement. Turns out it was a broken negative wire just as the battery leads enter the ignition module and since the wire is fairly stiff, the remaining positive held it together tight enough that it wasn't until I opened the module and got my multi-meter in, that it was discovered. The fix was easy enough and kept inside the module so it keeps it neat and tidy, I was just about to order a new one but thought I would have one last try at it. I would have replaced it with a Just Engines Rcexl one as they are about a third of the price of a Saito jobbie. Over on rcuniverse, there are quite a few folk who have replaced their ignition system's, due to failure and I wonder just how many have had a simple to fix but hard to detect problem like mine. People have told me there is nothing you can do inside these boxes, but I'm pleased I had one last go and looked inside because it was undetectable from the outside.
I guess modellers resolve wins again. :uk:
Regards
Simon.

RCMF Team

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 23:22:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2012
Page created in 0.301 seconds with 34 queries.