RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

July 16, 2020, 18:12:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

A4 Skyhawk build

Started by Alex48, September 09, 2011, 22:33:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex48

January 04, 2013, 11:51:27 am #120 Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:53:34 am by Alex48
It definitely needs some decals.  I'm going to try and use Alsa Ghost chrome on the exhaust nozzel as I tried flight metal but I couldn't get it looking very good. :(  Going to have a few weeks off as I'm a bit A4'd out, if you know what I mean...  I need to concentrate on a friends F16 anyway.

Cheers, Alex

[attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3]
The Little Jet Company
www.facebook.com/TheLittleJetCompany

warbird_fanatic

Well done Alex!

I'm not sure whether the bird would look better with a bit of dirt on it? I use a dry sponge with some liquid black polish and gently scrub it in certain areas to add that matured look, as for the exhaust nozzle, I've never used flight metal, the only thing I would recommend is aluminium foil like I did on my Mirage 2000, then I used a green scourer pad to rub it down to show the worn aluminium finish  :af
Kyosho .70 BF109, 14 foot EDF Concorde, Ripmax Spitfire, Fox Glider, Hangar 9 Cessna, Extra 300s, ASM P61 Blackwidow, BAE EDF Hawk

Alex48

Thanks.

I think your right....Although I'm not artistic enough to make it look good using that method but it will get some airbrush dirt after the decals have been applied to soften it a little.  Its a bit clean at the moment. 

Cheers

The Little Jet Company

warbird_fanatic

No worries buddy, Have you also tried the wire wool and silver paint trick? it makes the surfaces look like a little of the paint has been scuffed off to show the bare metal underneath, usually around the wing tips, underneath by the hinges etc, it's good to see another scale jet in the works as I think the boomerang's etc just remind me of toys  $%&
Kyosho .70 BF109, 14 foot EDF Concorde, Ripmax Spitfire, Fox Glider, Hangar 9 Cessna, Extra 300s, ASM P61 Blackwidow, BAE EDF Hawk

Alex48

Thanks, I'll give it try...
The Little Jet Company

Alex48

Finished :)

[attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3][attachimg=4][attachimg=5][attachimg=6]
The Little Jet Company

Alex48

February 05, 2013, 15:48:24 pm #126 Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 15:51:05 pm by Alex48
...and a video to keep you entertained :) struggling to embed it on the thread though :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi9gLGxsPK0
The Little Jet Company

Vease

February 05, 2013, 16:09:30 pm #127 Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 16:11:15 pm by Vease
Looks superb Alex

Oh, and just remove the https:// so it just starts www. and the vid preview will appear  :af

A4 Skyhawk

tjd models display team pilot
www.veaseyjet.com
bickleymfc.co.uk Meister scale - uk field rep

Alex48

The Little Jet Company

Steve_r

Fabulous Alex.....it really looks the part!
On the build list...P-40, XP-55, Do335!, Grumman Goose, F4F, A-20, Me109e, Cougar, TSR2, Beaufort, Yak 3, Hurricane, Gee Bee R2, Super Sabre, B-58, P-80, Seafire

Manaconda69

That pilot is a bit cocky looking to the left on landing.

Bloody brilliant man. It's real cool watching from the cockpit as well.

Kyosho ME109, Steve Shumate F-14 " " Su37, Blackhorse P-47
Seagul pilatus PC-9, Royal PT-17 Stearman ,GWS A-4, Alex Wittakers Jitterbug

Alex48

The Little Jet Company

colonel wings

Superb Alex,

the videos from working office, the pilot working head and
the thread build you have done here are a great sources for those A4 drivers ...

Thanks for sharing.
Is there any other flights video of your routine sorties take from the ground ?

Looking foward to more view soon ...

Cheers !
Colonel Wings ...

Alex48

Thanks, Hopefully I'll get some more footage at the weekend from the ground.
The Little Jet Company