September 20, 2019, 07:35:31 am

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2019, 07:35:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

The Profi TX - The legend is rebourn!

Started by Gordon MPX, February 01, 2012, 08:33:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon MPX

Welcome to the child board area for the new Multiplex Profi TX!

Check in here for all the latest data and for any questions on this state of the artm groundbreaking new radio system.

Gordon

Gordon Upton
UK/IRL Rep - Pichler Modellbau.. And an 'A' Cat sailor!

satinet

satinet

Bit of strange decision to put those cupboards on the side. A lot of people don't use them on the p4000 (the detachable plates). It's finger and thumb fliers only then. why do you need storage in the TX when you have a transmitter case.....

Gordon MPX

Quote from: satinet on February 01, 2012, 08:48:58 am
No digi adjusters?

Not on that particular Tx, no.  The concept of this Tx is exactly the same of the P4000.  You can fit long and short, on-of and on-off-on switches.  Rotarty pots and, YES a Digiadjuster!!! 

Check out the New catalogue PDF download when it is online for all the options.  This is like buying a Merc - everything can be had as an option!!

I will try to do a short video showing some of the cooler features and post it her when I get a minute! :af

Gordon
Gordon Upton

Roger

The side cases dont look the same as the TX in the jigsaw puzzle  is that a "thumbs" version ? Is that why we keep being reminded there are 2 Txs being launched?
I dont have a short temper I just have a quick reaction to b%%%s%%%

satinet

February 01, 2012, 09:32:13 am #5 Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:11:41 am by satinet
I hope there the is a no cupboard option. Otherwise thumb fliers won't buy one. I wouldn't say most of the p4000 users I know use the side cheeks. Surely the cupboard does will open if you rest the the weight of your hands on them?

I don't remember the "legend" having a 9 channel intro set tbh. Looks like some interesting options and features anyway.  :af

phew seems like the cheeks are optional!  :)

planeman

satinet

satinet

I know what I know and I do what I can

FrankS

Essex BOF

Quote from: satinet on February 01, 2012, 09:32:13 am
I hope there the is a no cupboard option. Otherwise thumb fliers won't buy one. I wouldn't say most of the p4000 users I know use the side cheeks. Surely the cupboard does will open if you rest the the weight of your hands on them?

I don't remember the "legend" having a 9 channel intro set tbh. Looks like some interesting options and features anyway.  :af

phew seems like the cheeks are optional!  :)

As amode 1 flyer are the side bits optional? as with them on it looks far to wide to use without a neck strap, with the thunbs. And what are the side flaps for storage?

satinet

the cupboard things are an optional extra if you look at the catalogue.

I'm a bit confused about "5 mixers" though.  I would think with potentially 16 channels you would want more than 5 mixers.  Unless, shudder, it uses global mixers like the you-know-what. 

flight phases?
can you change the mixer inputs per flight phase?
multimix?
logical switches?
analogue switches?
points on the curve?

I thought on the p4000 you could have a 13 point helicopter throttle curve, never mind 7.

Hello everyone
I do not see anyone other than myself to congratulate Multiplex team? Are you not thankful that Multiplex seems to be such a vital, evander and innovative company?

/Ville  :)
I know what I know and I do what I can

g4rko

And the launch was greeted by tumultuous applause by all Mpx users  :''  :nananana:
Barry Cooper

FrankS

Quote from: satinet on February 01, 2012, 10:24:36 am

I'm a bit confused about "5 mixers" though.  I would think with potentially 16 channels you would want more than 5 mixers.  Unless, shudder, it uses global mixers like the you-know-what. 

But 8 inputs per mixer as opposed to the Royal Pro's 5, so that gives effectively the same as 8 x 5 (40) mixers when compared to other systems although some of these will have to be used for crow and aileron/flap mixing etc which maybe a standard mixer on other tx's with specific model type mixers.

Gordon MPX

Yes Yes Yes!  The answer will usually be yes!  Johhny Mac is boring Christian as we speak about what it can do!! :af

The mixers can be altered and used as many times as you need.  NO global mixing either!

The side supports are an add-on.  Thumb flyers, like myself, can yse the metal sticktops from the PRO/SX.

G
Gordon Upton

w8racer

Quote from: g4rko on February 01, 2012, 11:53:50 am
And the launch was greeted by tumultuous applause by all Mpx users  :''  :nananana:

You owned a Mpx Profi 4000 once before going over to the dark side. It's time for you to return ...
Robert Welford

satinet

Quote from: Gordon MPX on February 01, 2012, 12:58:14 pm
Yes Yes Yes!  The answer will usually be yes!  Johhny Mac is boring Christian as we speak about what it can do!! :af

The mixers can be altered and used as many times as you need.  NO global mixing either!

The side supports are an add-on.  Thumb flyers, like myself, can yse the metal sticktops from the PRO/SX.

G

What do you mean by 5 mixers though?  It doesn't make sense on the face of it.  Even on the evo you could use any of the mixers (16?) on any model.  In effect it sounds like you can only have 5 different types of servo on one model.

On the p4000 you could have 12 different mixers (one for each servo) and 5 multimixes as well. All with 8 inputs.  Each servo could be completely different to every other servo.
It must work in a completely different way?

How many flight phases has it got? Can you alter the mixer outputs on each flight phase?
Does it have logical functions, 13+ point curves etc?

HarryC

I have seen more photos on facebook.  The tx has 2 circular indents on each side panel near the top, they may be switch wells on the side I hope.

Can't wait for JohnMac's report about the software, that's the bit that really matters to us!

Cactus

Quotewhy do you need storage in the TX when you have a transmitter case

it's where you keep the sick bags if you accidently look down at it while flying  :-X

never understood multiplexes thinking when it comes to lack of styling
I know you believe you understand what you think i said, but i am not sure you realise that what you think you heard is not what i meant.

Stakinshevens

I can't cope with that picture of it with side cupboards attached.

satinet

w8racer

Quote from: Stakinshevens on February 01, 2012, 15:53:09 pm
I can't cope with that picture of it with side cupboards attached.

That's better.  :)

I'm glad to read that the stick units are high quality units with ball races etc. The stick units on Evo/Pro and P4000 are not the best.
Robert Welford

metcalfeclive

Mmmm that doesnt look too bad at all, it looks as though it might fit in the hand quite well.

CM

w8racer

Quote from: The Doc on February 01, 2012, 15:58:16 pm
Mmmm that doesnt look too bad at all, it looks as though it might fit in the hand quite well.

CM

We did try to tell you ...
Robert Welford

JohnMac

OK, I am here in sunny Bamberg now with a few spare minutes before I meet my boss. I spent this morning at the fair looking at the new Profi Tx. Its appearance is typically Multiplex, nothing like anybody elses styling. Also like everything else Multiplex, you will either love it or hate it. I love it. The important facts are as follows regarding the physical set:
Same size as a Profi 4000, a bit thicker in the hands. There is an integrated handle at teh bottom which also hide the strap hangers. Side panels are an optional extra (obviously ::)) and there will be a "spacebox" for it too although this will not be of any use to thumbs fllyers. The slot under the mono, tiltable, Hi-defenition screen, is a warning panel from the telemetry. There is an earpiece socket too. Moreover there are standard and mini USB sockets for external connections. The power is from a single LiFE04 cell of 4000mAh giving 30 hours usage time. It can be charged in situ of for fast charging removed and charged in 40 Minutes.
As you will have deduced by now it has an integrated planar aerial in the front of the transmitter. This is optomised for the maximum transmission power being in front of thepilot and very little behind him, in a hemeispherical pattern rather than a touroid pattern. It has been test in a real model to a range of 3 Km so far. That is not the limit, just what they have done so far. The sliders in the middle are exactly as the 4000. The sliders on the side are as per the cokpit Sx. They fall easily to ones fingers. The main menu adjustment is provided via a large and easy to user digi adjuster in the middle of the face. There are two digi adjusters at the top corners of the set which are assignable to functions in flight. So for example, to adjust flap elevatore trim and spoiler elavator trim in a single flight. The button in the middle is the on off switch. The sticks are the smoothest I have ever used. The trims are standard digital trims, not as we had hoped for, rotary adjustors.
The software on the screen looks a lot like the presentation in the REP, But there are NO GLOBAL MIXERS!
Thank the good lord for that. There are no logical switches or analaogue switches, but I am assured that there are other ways around these problems. There are 8 mixer inputs to each mixer and Christian told me 7 mixers per model. Apparently it is the most flexible software yet. I say aparerently, it is only in German for the moment so although Christian and Andreas spent a lot of time demonstrating the set to me, it is only by settling down with the real software in English that any real measure of it is possible.
The hardware for the Tx is now set in stone but the software is not, and that means that as questions or problems are raised by the user group, solutions in the form of updates can be provided. Between now and launch this is very likely to Happen.
Must go now my business meeting is starting. More later.
John

PDR

Quote from: JohnMac on February 01, 2012, 16:37:02 pm
There are 8 mixer inputs to each mixer and Christian told me 7 mixers per model.

The brochure says 5 (like the Evo)...

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

satinet

no logical or analogue switches  :'( Probably two of the best features of the old p4000.
Being able to alter things with the analogue switches was brilliant.  Organising your flight phases with the logical switches was so helpful. 

I assume there must be at least 8 flight phases? 10?

7 mixers and 16 channels means that servos must share mixers. 
I hope it's better than it sounds!

FrankS

Er yes, but thats a benefit surely, to set up say rudder-throttle mixing on a twin requires just one mixer on the Evo, have the two throttle servos on the mixer then throttle at 100% same way and rudder opposite at whatever % you want and you're done. On my Sx or Dx6i I'd have to use one mixer to mix throttle 1 with throttle 2 and then 2 other mixers to mix rudder with each throttle so using 3 of the mixers up, so complicated I ended up using an inline V tail mixer and then had a separate take off for rudder with a rudder-aux mixer so I could vary the % rudder mix.

satinet

February 01, 2012, 17:14:36 pm #32 Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 17:25:25 pm by satinet
Quote from: FrankS on February 01, 2012, 17:12:07 pm
Er yes, but thats a benefit surely, to set up say rudder-throttle mixing on a twin requires just one mixer on the Evo, have the two throttle servos on the mixer then throttle at 100% same way and rudder opposite at whatever % you want and you're done. On my Sx or Dx6i I'd have to use one mixer to mix throttle 1 with throttle 2 and then 2 other mixers to mix rudder with each throttle so using 3 of the mixers up, so complicated I ended up using an inline V tail mixer and then had a separate take off for rudder with a rudder-aux mixer so I could vary the % rudder mix.

on the p4000 you could set it up so that there were 12 rudders all altered by one mixer. 

What you had was a multimix where you could put 1 mix into any of the other mixes. So you just put the input of your 12 servos as the "rudder" multimix and you only need to make adjustments to the multimix. In fact you could have different values for each rudder in each servo even doing that, by altering the output value of the multimix input rather that setting it to 100%

Even without using a multimix every servo could have a rudder input with the same or different travel, no problem.

HarryC

Hmm, as I make a lot of use of logical switches I will be concerned about the lack of them until I hear that something else simple to use has replaced them.

Looking forward to your next report John, appreciate that you had limited time and a foreign language, perhaps you can tell us about any of the following if you were able to get the info? -

1  flight mode/phases
2  slowing - the 4000 has it at controls, at mixer inputs and at servo level
3  is there something that replaces logic and analogue switches
4  what about transfer and momentary switches
5  max number of points in the curves
6  can it do expo per direction e.g. expo on up but not on down elevator
7  still can't see from the photos, do the side sliders also poke out the bottom of the case like the Cockpit SX does
8  did you see any clever new software architecture or features that the 4000 does not have

thanks for any info at all that you can give us, we are just too hungry to find out!!
Harry

satinet

oh yes point 2 is quite right. I never used it much tbh, but you could slow anything, everything and something you never knew you wanted to slow. in either direction!  ;D

:xx :xx

HarryC

The slowing in the 4000 is important.  I slow flaps at the control level so that the mixed elevator compensation is also slowed.  I slowed some thing at mixer level for example throttle to elevator trim as want throttle and ele controls and servos to run at full speed but delay the trim offset coming in, and of course sometimes slow at servo level to achieve correct sequencing of doors etc.

So I used slowing at all 3 stages and do not want to give it up!

Gordon MPX

Quote from: PDR on February 01, 2012, 16:55:50 pm
The brochure says 5 (like the Evo)...

PDR

Brochure is wrong, there are 7 free mixers - so far.  The software is still a work in progress!

G
Gordon Upton

satinet

so 9 less than the number of servos on the 16.

metcalfeclive

My god this is a different language!!

Do you actually ever need 12 rudders?  I have trouble with one for anything else other than 1) stearing the plane on the ground or 2) waggling it to find a binned model in a field.

CM

SteveBB

Quote from: The Doc on February 01, 2012, 19:11:21 pm
My god this is a different language!!

Do you actually ever need 12 rudders?  I have trouble with one for anything else other than 1) stearing the plane on the ground or 2) waggling it to find a binned model in a field.

CM

As was explained to me in the late 70's when i asked my motorcycle instructor way he needed a bike that could claim (ahem) to do 140mph (Moto Guzzi Le mans--I had one 15 years later, and found they don't)

His reply was... I don't, but it's knowing I can if I want to...

Same goes for having a zillion mixing channels. You might use four, but have a zillion to wave your willy at..
Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert!
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.