RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

December 02, 2020, 03:46:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

January 7th 2019 - Drone Law Changes

Started by Bad Raven, January 08, 2019, 06:55:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

onewinglow

February 22, 2020, 17:24:52 pm #320 Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 17:31:43 pm by onewinglow
To pick up on the comment of why this regulation is necessary. I think we  all agree that safety(no one has ever been killed by a drone) and Amazon deliveries(not practical in the vast majority of domestic situations) are no more than 'cover stories'. Did anyone watch the recent BBC panorama 'Amazon, what they know about us'? If not go to BBC iplayer or watch the YouTube video (unfortunately it has small breaks in the audio)

It gets interesting in our specific case 40 mins in. I'm interested to know how people feel about Amazons aims and their ideas for 'Protective Surveillance'

onewinglow

February 22, 2020, 17:33:38 pm #321 Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 17:37:09 pm by onewinglow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3qzJldMGeA
For some reason the link will not work in my original post.
Looks like 'copy and paste to see the video.

paulinfrance

Mode 2 THE only way to fly

paulinfrance

Opps it wont play here but ok on Firefox,,
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

lanicopter

I don't need to be protected, nor monitored - I have CCTV of my own at my house and a noisy dog. Plus a very angry wife and I challenge anyone to get past that particular rolling pin.
Current fuel status: "Master Caution"

itsme

Nobody have suspicions Amazon have watched and got ideas from Terminator? Skynet is not such a fantastic idea anymore. 5 and 6g is going to control all the functions of the civilised world and we are slowly but surely losing control. I have seen other science fiction tales come scarily true, (Greenhouse comes to mind) and I wonder if we are walking in to a controlling Brave New World, and may be 1984 just has the date wrong.