RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

December 04, 2020, 20:53:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Saito four stroke needle valve.

Started by colin.breach, February 19, 2020, 17:55:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colin.breach

Does anyone have a unwanted needle valve for a Saito 65 f/s motor ?

paulinfrance

Maybe, have you a picture of it and it's Ref N° ?.
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

colin.breach

Thanks for reply, have no ref no, but will take photo. I unscrewed the needle, as seemed to have blockage, cleaned the jet, picked up the needle, as I picked it up, the pointy end just fell off ? Colin...

paulinfrance

Can you give us more info and a photo, I have a couple,,

PDR

Is it the steel needle that has separated from the (usually nickel-plated brass) threaded body? If so you should be able to refit it with a little warmed araldite, loctite or solder, or by cross-drilling and fitting a grubscrew.

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

paulinfrance

Or just put a dent in it with a hammer and push it back in,,

colin.breach

Paul and PDR..Thanks for reply, see photo of the broken needle. It looks like it was held in a vice and hit with a hammer, but when unscrewed from the jet it was intact, the screwed part of the jet is 5mm diam, and very fine thread, about 40 per inch...

paulinfrance

I have one, but it is available,,  N° 85-1    https://www.horizonhobby.com/hi-speed-needle-valve%3Ab-d-k-x-y-ee-ii-jj-kk-qq-rr-ss-uu-sai10085Saito 45 needle valve-2048.jpg

colin.breach

Paul, thanks for assistance, have been on the Horizon Hobby site, but could not order, as that item cannot be shipped to U.K, Assume as item is a bit pointy, considered as risk to life, can you part with yours? Colin...

paulinfrance

colin.breach

Paul, thanks...Can I pay you with Pay Pal?...
address is Colin Breach. 1 Hollies Cottage, The Street, Rushmere, Lowestoft, Suffolk.
   NR 33 8EP.

paulinfrance

colin.breach

Paul, thanks...Can I pay you something for it, or I could find you some very old model aircraft mags, or something, Colin...

paulinfrance

No that's ok thanks, maybe a beer if I ever meet you,, :co

colin.breach

Very many thanks Paul, The Saito has been stuck in a drawer for years, a modeller friend, who is now in a care home, is about to start a Aeromodeller Plans, Goliath, I told him he could have the Saito, but when I came to test run it, it would start on a prime, but not run, I cleaned the jet, you know the rest of the story, Colin...

colin.breach

Received from that very helpful Paul in France a replacement needle for the Saito, for which he refused any payment Colin...