December 02, 2020, 03:10:19 am

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

December 02, 2020, 03:10:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Flying fields closed

Started by PDR, March 23, 2020, 14:34:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

e-flite_rules

March 29, 2020, 11:15:52 am #40 Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 11:58:52 am by e-flite_rules
Given the current crisis affecting all countries in the World do people really expect the government's response to be so nuanced as to cater for all activities?

The rule is zero non essential travel.

Deal with it!

paulinfrance

Get yourself an old Lada, zatafa or other crappy car, and then you can get your exercise pushing it around,,
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

itsme

Quote from: e-flite_rules on March 29, 2020, 11:15:52 amGiven the current crisis affecting all countries in the World do people really expect the government's response to be so nuanced as to cater for all activities?

The rule is zero non essential travel.

Deal with it!
no, I expect everyone to do the right thing, then rules would not be needed.

pooh

Quote from: paulinfrance on March 29, 2020, 11:59:43 amGet yourself an old Lada, zatafa or other crappy car, and then you can get your exercise pushing it around,,

What do you call a Lada with twin exhausts ?

a wheelbarrow

coat collected...
Confucious he say "more than one aircraft in the same airspace leads to structural failure"

e-flite_rules

Quote from: itsme on March 29, 2020, 12:02:19 pmno, I expect everyone to do the right thing, then rules would not be needed.

Sadly that isn't the case.  As we see here.

paulinfrance

Quote from: pooh on March 29, 2020, 12:24:14 pmWhat do you call a Lada with twin exhausts ?

a wheelbarrow

coat collected...

Here we go,,, why do they fit them with heated rear screen,
 so you don't get frostbite pushing it in winter

What's a Lada called at the top of a hill
 "a miracle"

how can you double the price when selling it, fill the petrol tank,,

and on and on,,,,

FlyinBrian

What do you call a Skoda full of groceries?

A Lada (Larder)
Basic Research is what I do - when I don't know what I'm doing!.

itsme

double the value of your Skoda by fitting it with a toilet roll

itsme

I see the Police forces that have over stepped the mark have had their knuckles rapped. However good the intentions, it was all heading in to police state territory. The drone watching two people waking their dog on a lonely moor was out of order, and the putting of dye in to a lake was vandalism.

lanicopter

Just goes to show how quickly those with power will be inclined to abuse it given half the chance.

Or, they just really like flying their drone and want to show it off to people.
Current fuel status: "Master Caution"

itsme

Quote from: lanicopter on March 31, 2020, 10:22:14 amJust goes to show how quickly those with power will be inclined to abuse it given half the chance.

Or, they just really like flying their drone and want to show it off to people.
Avon and Somerset seemed to be the worst- the very next day setting up road blocks and summonsing people- without an actual law!

f3fman

Things are so bad with no flying and no sailing that I have had to get a ******* drone out and fly it in my back garden  :-(

paulinfrance

Quote from: f3fman on April 01, 2020, 00:19:10 amThings are so bad with no flying and no sailing that I have had to get a ******* drone out and fly it in my back garden  :-(

You are not alone :-\

itsme

Phoenix.... next best thing. Not doing drones.

PDR

I've been refurbing a couple of old electric helis for much the same reason...

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

itsme

Actually, next door I have a huge church car park which is locked up most of the time- I could easily fly a foamy from my garden in there.

rbp28668

If it's any consolation the guidance for general aviation from CAA is "Current government guidance on coronavirus precludes recreational GA flying."  The gliding clubs are shut down as you'd expect.  There's a lot of online activity in Condor (https://www.condorsoaring.com/) though!
Bruce Porteous

PDR

Here is some expert guidance which a psychologist has carefully adapted to the mental age of some of those complaining about the restrictions:

PDR
There are no shortcuts on the long, hard road to success. But if your dad's rich there could a limo service...

Mike_T

RobC

The man certainly has style ;D
flying's easy - it's getting it back down in one piece that's the hard part