December 04, 2020, 19:38:03 pm

RCMF Donations

Enjoy using RCMF? How about a wee donation to help us keep you in the style to which you've become accustomed?

Welcome to RCMF. Please login or sign up.

December 04, 2020, 19:38:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Matrock

Started by Charlie C, May 02, 2020, 19:08:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie C

Has anyone heard anything of Matrock,real name Dennis Richardson

He's been very quiet. I have e-mailed him with no response.

Thanks

Charlie
Global Moderator

wilco

Hello Charlie,

I can confirm that Matrock is alive and well. He is still building masterpieces but he is (as Mr Gough would say) turning vegetarian. In fact, I posted a meaty (oh dear, not quite the right word) brushless motor to him the other day. I think he's keeping quiet until he's confident to come out all AC/DC.

While we're on the subject of missing persons, any news of Pupcam? I often pass his grand manor when I am taking my permitted lock-down exercise and it all seems quiet. I keep thinking there might be a rainbow in a window and the message "Thank you AJS", but nothing. I would have thought that in lock-down he would have fixed the AJS,fixed the Beezer, completed the Pup restoration and maybe, just, been held up on the Tripehound because of the prohibition on LMA inspectors getting within 2 metres of any model. However, I will get round there as soon as disease-prevention measures permit and report back.

Wilco

Charlie C

Thats great news Wilco sir, its put my mind at rest. Knowing Dennis had been ill before got me wondering.
I could even forgive him turning veggie.At a push ;D

As to Puppers, he is posting regularly on Faceache, mainly motorbicycling tyoe stuff, however, the Tripe has been out in the garden so who know's $%&  $%&

Imwas goingbto try and tempt him to a visit to the DeHavilland museum when all this is over.

Charlie C
Global Moderator

wilco

As yes Charlie, it all makes sense. I did see the Tripehound in the garden and I think Mrs Pupcam (who is a very keen gardener) has now planted it up for the summer. I suppose Mr Pupcam would have eventually planted it in anyway. Remember the Fokker Triplane episode at Barkston - take off, instant loop, broken prop - repeated three times, as I recall, until his stock of props ran out. That's going back a bit - maybe even as far back as the good old days.

DeHavilland Museum? Well worth it - I went there last year with a friend from New Zealand. Excellent day out. I think the new bit is open now as well. They were selling bricks to go in a wall - you could put a message on your brick. They wouldn't accept what I said about Pupcam though.

I suppose Fenlands Warbirds is a non-starter this year unless we all get more freedom this weekend?

David

Charlie C

Hee hee, Tripehound bedding plants next year  :co

I do remember something about him running out of props as well.

Glad you reminded me David. Sadly Fenland Scale Day, (Warbirds) has been cancelled this year.
Along with many other events  :'(

Charlie C
Global Moderator

Pup Cam

May 09, 2020, 23:18:44 pm #5 Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 23:31:29 pm by Pup Cam Reason: Posting incompetence ....
Hi folks, never fear (or perhaps do!) Puppers is alive and kicking.

Charlie is correct, I dug the Tripehound out the other day to see if I could remember how it goes together.  It seems that I was successful in my quest.

Triplane 1.jpg

Triplane 4.jpg

It appears that I now have two alternatives in the 2 wheeled motor vehicle department on which I can nip round to Wilco's abode and annoy his neighbours with oily smoke and glorious exhaust notes once we are released from this vice like grip.  My little Beeza is now roadworthy so watch out (listen out?) Dave! :)   

It seems Mr Willis has lost interest in Warbirds so no more Typhoons or Yaks but he does do a nice line in motorcycle wheel rebuilds from a hanger complete with bullet marks on North Weald airfield.  The Beeza's wheels are very shiny and round as well now ....

As it happens, I was planning a 2 wheeled trip to the DH Museum last year but it fell by the wayside.  Even more incentive for you to get a bike Charlie :af

I did visit Shuttleworth's first airshow of the season last Sunday which was good.  It was a virtual trip of course but giving them a few quid for a Vimo link of video clips from past, glorious shows seemed like a very good way to support the Collection in these troubled times.  Why not head over to the Shuttleworth website and do your bit to help too?

Alan
Still distracted by a 1953 AJS 16MS and now a 1939 BSA 250 too!

paulinfrance

Ohh nice old bike that you have there,, ^-^ 

Free in France tomorrow so my bike will be out on the road after 8 weeks of lockdown,, ;)
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

leckyBB

Quote from: paulinfrance on May 10, 2020, 07:20:37 amOhh nice old bike that you have there,, ^-^ 

Free in France tomorrow so my bike will be out on the road after 8 weeks of lockdown,, ;)
Keep in indoors, it will go rusty and blow away with this weather today!
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

paulinfrance

Bloody right, no rain this morning it started at 16h local time, charging the tracker on my Brothers bike, the French bar***s stole the last two and the insurance conned him on the pay-outs,,  :banghead:
Mode 2 THE only way to fly

wilco

Round, shiny wheels on the Beeza - well, they will match the rider's head. grin.gif

FlyinBrian

Quote from: paulinfrance on May 11, 2020, 15:40:45 pmand the insurance conned him on the pay-outs,,  :banghead:

Is'nt that what insurance companies do?
Basic Research is what I do - when I don't know what I'm doing!.

philbert121

I can confirm Matrock19 is well. Saw him at our patch today.
From a new born chicken to sh*te Hawk in one easy lesson.

Tagger, tagger, tagger.

Charlie C

Quote from: philbert121 on May 16, 2020, 23:08:52 pmI can confirm Matrock19 is well. Saw him at our patch today.
Please pass on my regards when next you see him.

Thanks

Charlie C
Global Moderator